Notices

day#6

Old 12-02-2006, 01:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day#6

good morning.....and welcome to all the new people who posted...today is day #6 of my latest attempt at staying sober....trying to keep busy....christmas shopping is almost done.....feeling lonely.....but this time I'm not blaming anyone but myself for that......i have successfully pushed everyone out of my life.....i have to start taking steps to,"reconnect" with the people i love the most....(my family,and the one friend I still have)...hope everyone is well today.......
Old 12-02-2006, 04:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good work Karrotop,

You can also start new activities and make new friends, as well as reconnecting with family members and old friends. Just be true to yourself.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The best place for meeting new friends
is in AA meetings.

That is my experience...
Take care
Old 12-02-2006, 05:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I second what Carol said!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 12-02-2006, 07:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats, KT, good for you! This is a tough season to try to quit, but there is never a good time.

I'm on day 6 myself, and for us both, it is six days we didn't drink, not matter what happens tomorrow, for today, I wont drink (say it with me, WE wont drink!

Have a great weekend!
S
Old 12-02-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 6th day of recovery! I too am on Day #6! ! ! ! It feels so amazing to have had almost a week of sobriety! I am taking it one minute at a time to keep from getting overwhelmed, going to 1 to 2 meetings per day, and most importantly for my recovery, exercising, it really really really helps with the cravings! I highly recommend taking even just 10 minutes (more if we can) to do a brisk walk or anything that gets the blood flowing exercise wise it really helps!
Old 12-02-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm also on day six! It's been tough today for me, because my husband's not around -- at a college showcase out-of-state with one of the kids. I actually opened up our cabinet, looked at the contents, comtemplated, and then... CLOSED IT. I'm happy about that, but it was tough. I was thinking -- "wouldn't it be nice to have one small glass of something?" and then "do I really want to blow it?" all at the same time.

Instead, I ATE. Trying to fill the void.

Bought myself a puzzle, today. I figure I'll start that to keep myself busy. Reading all of your posts has been the best, though. It's amazing how many bits of other people's lives sound SO much like my own...

THANK YOU!!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats all of you 6 dayers! The posts have helped me get to day 16. I have made so many great friends. Keep going!!!!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

good to see you here, you seem like a good 'egg' re-connect with the friends and family, they are my rock....
Old 12-03-2006, 02:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

hi......hope this is day#7 for you as well....i keep thinking i can have,"just one ot two"....but my many relapses this year have taught me that i can't do just a few.......i have been eating alot too this week,but i am not going to worry about that just yet......once i have a few more days,i will start weaning myself off the sugar,and start walking again...but i am not putting any extra pressure on myself about anything......one week already....congrats to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Count me in on the 7 day'ers, who else is with me?

kt, one thing at a time, natural to want to eat everything is sight for a few days. I'm just getting normal on the eating myself!

S
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I made 8, I hope you are all still with me!

S