Where are you from?

Old 12-01-2006, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Where are you from?

Hello
Haven't been here in ages but at the mo I'm needing all the support I can get, so I'm all over recovery sites!

I see lots of names I don't recognise and I'd love to hear a bit about you.

I'm in Ireland, married 3 years to a recovering A with 13 years sobriety.
More to come!

Sophia x
Old 12-01-2006, 08:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Practicing the lion's roar

I'm in Minneapolis, MN, engaged to an A who says he's quitting after new year's.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Alltoosober

Nice to meet you

Is your fiance in AA or any other program? My hubby went to a world AA convention in Minneapolis and loved the town

Sophia x
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nope, he's not in any program right now. He said that if he doesn't quit by new year's he'll go into rehab, but I'm not holding my breath. At this point I doubt quite seriously that I'll actually marry him... his decision to quit is based too much on my pushing and not enough of his own desire to be sober.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I live in Phoenix, Arizona. I'm a single father of two beautiful children, and my soulmate in sobriety is a single female with a lovely daughter. We've both got just under two years in the program.

I used to love drinking Irish beer, and my first wife was a redheaded wee lass!;-)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi: mother of two(24yson and 18ydaughter),recently divorced by my AH of 27yrs. I am from from Massillon,Ohio.(which is about 50 miles south of Cleveland and about 20miles from the birthplace of AA:Akron)
Old 12-01-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi....mother of 4....three sons, one daughter.....34,33,27, and 21. nonnie to 8 wonderful little people. been in al-anon for two years. alcoholic in my life is xah....who i married twice. live in paoli, indiana.....southern part...about 50 miles ne of louisville, ky

jeri
Old 12-01-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Hi I am recently married to AH. He is irish. He drinks. I am also Irish my mom's familiy of origin were alcoholics. I am half italian. Born and bred in the US. This is where we are at. Nice to meet you. Not into telling where i am from specifically but I am in the eastern tri-state area. US. Been to Ireland past two years absolutely in love with your country. Very beautiful. I first came to SR in 2005 and now am back. Just love it here. People are awesome. So glad to hear of the sobriety in your family. Good to know you.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi there and welcome back.

I live in Phoenix Arizona and Im a single Mother of a 17 year old that is driving me nuts today. Im an ACOA and Al-non.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Proud to be an official "hon" from Bawlmer, Murland. For those of you who speak regular English, that is "Baltimore, Maryland." Born in Washington, D.C. Lived halfway between both cites in Annapolis, Maryland for 20 years (home of the U.S. Naval Academy and state capital of MD).

Have been incarcerated in Yuma, Arizona for the past 18 months. Area 51 is NOT in New Mexico. The pod landed here ...

Proud mom of two purebred Cornish Rex cats. Husband No. 1 and No. 2 both A's. Still with No. 2 and wondering why ....
Old 12-01-2006, 11:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

awwwwwwwwww prodigal!!!!!

i needed your sense of humor this afternoon.....thanks!!!!

only those that live with are able to understand as no others can, huh?
luv to ya
jeri
Old 12-01-2006, 12:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Know what you mean, Embraced. Gotta keep our sense of humor. Most of the time I can still find SOMETHING to laugh about even when things really suck. Still .... there is nothing funny about living in this hick town - ugh.
Old 12-01-2006, 01:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I've been through Yuma and don't blame you one bit!
Old 12-01-2006, 02:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Prodigal, Stepson in Annapolis not at Naval he's a Jonnie. Hey, been in your neck of the woods lately. Nize Plaze. Irsh Yuma? Funny stepson may go to Santa Fe nearby?
Old 12-01-2006, 02:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi everybody! I am here in snowy Anchorage, AK. Been married to AH for four years, but haven't lived with him for a year now. I have a beautiful 2-year old baby girl--just love that little human being and can't seem to stop nibbling on her body parts. Just sitting here at work, dreaming of Hawaiian beaches and hot sand, but need to go and find us a Christmas tree. Hope everyone is enjoying Friday!
Old 12-01-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.
By the Grace of my HP and people
like you here in SR i havent had
a drink of alcohol since 8-11-90.
For that im truely grateful.
Old 12-01-2006, 03:47 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi - I'm from the great Pacific Northwest, married to my AH but currently legally separated and working on saving my marriage. AH just got out of treatment so we have a long ways to go. You will surely be hearing more from me!!

I'm a forty-ish (give or take an ish) mother of 2 with 1 grandbaby and one due right after the 1st of the year.

I have been an alanon member for 2 months and am new to this site.

I am so thankful to have found this site, I have found so much comfort in reading posts and receiving answers to my posts.

As long as I have all of you - I know I don't have to go through this alone.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi ! I'm from Lexington, KY. My husband is an alcoholic. I moved into an apartment away from him about 6 weeks ago. My mother died in August, and being the oldest of three girls I have become the "mother figure" to my siblings. So, I feel totally zapped most of the time. I am 34 years old and the proud "mother" to two of the most precious cats in this world. They are my little angels from God.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hi I'm Janit and I live in Southern Ohio a small town called Hillsboro. I was married to my XAH for 22 years and he divorced me for his alcoholic/meth hooch. We have 3 kids all grown. One still here at home with me. Thank God.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi....I live near Boston MA. I have been married 13 years. We have 2 children 12 & 6. AH drinks and admits he has a problem.....and keeps drinking. I have told him early 2007 he will have to leave. It will be difficult for all of us but I have to take care of myself and my children.