Notices

I'm a newbie

Old 11-30-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm a newbie

I just want to say hello to everyone. I just found you guys today and I am glad. I have realized (admitted) in the past few months that I think I could have a problem with alcohol. All the self tests also confirm this. I know I drink to cover up my stress with school. Sometimes I drink before class just to feel less nervious. Just looking for some guidance.

Chris

Last edited by PolarChris; 11-30-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi PolarChris and welcome to SR!

Chances are that if you think you have a problem, you may have one. Good for you for realizing this and taking steps to help yourself. I'm glad you found SR too. Look forward to getting to know you.

(((Hugs))))
Old 12-01-2006, 08:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chris,

Welcome!

I am glad that you recognize your problem with alcohol. There is lots of support here and I hope you keep visiting and posting.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi Chris,

If you think you could have a problem with alcohol, chances are that you do. Normal drinkers don't have to think about something like that. I drank for 27 years, and thank God every day that I was finally able to admit I had a problem.

Stick around here and learn as much as you can, and if possible get yourself to an AA meeting. You might be surprised at how many people are out there with this disease, and the friends you'll make in sobriety will show you a new way of life.
Old 12-01-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Hi Chris

Welcome to SR and we are glad that you have found us. Oh my what a relief it is when you finally admit that we have a problem. Hope that you keep coming here and posting. Just try to keep doing it for today, that is all any of us have anyways

Love Vic