Notices

2nd day of my new life!

Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face 2nd day of my new life!

Hi everyone, this is my first post and second day on my road to a alcohol free life. I am an alcoholic, there I've said it out loud for the second time in my life. I'm here because I choose to live and discontinue killing myself and the love of my partner. My partner of 17 years has been patient through my denial years, 4 to be exact, but day by day I feel the hurt I am causing her and myself. This is the first time I have seeked any kind of help. After finding your site and surfing around I felt comfortable enough to take it to this step, because I don't think I can do it on my own. I am a 47 year old woman and enjoy a lot of things that alcohol gets in the way of like hiking and backpacking. These things have slid to the back burner because alcohol has slid to the front. I think people would call me a functioning alcoholic (not a very good one) because I don't miss work over olcohol, at least physically. I'm there in body, but i'm sure you all know a clear mind does not accompany the body when you are drinking 1 and 1/2 or more liters of wine 4 days out of the week. Because I drink behind my partners back on nights I go to college at least my weekends are sober, so really my best day of the week is Monday. Well I can write alot more, but for now I would just like to say I commit to a sober life, one day at a time and any incouragement you can give me will be greatly appreciated. Thank-you hope3
Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you Hope3! Way to go girl!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome Hope!

You have found a great place full of people who understand what it's like.

Keep posting and let us get to know you better.

Hugs
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome, Hope-
I understand the wine thing! I too seem to be a functioning alcoholic. Please come back often and read and post. It is a safe, loving place to be.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Hope,

I am glad you found us and decided to post. This is a great place for support. When I stopped drinking, I had given up almost everything and everyone in my life, that had mattered to me. My life had become so small because of alcohol. And, I also hid my drinking, as much as I could. It was so freeing to just stop. No more lies and no more obsession.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Hope3

Red face Thanks!

Thanks all for the quick responses, it really does help and I feel as though I have found a lot of new friends!