OK I am getting REAL F ING SICK OF THIS

Old 11-30-2006, 04:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OK I am getting REAL F ING SICK OF THIS

ALRIGHT ENOUGHS ENOUGH I AM GETTING REAL F ING SICK OF THE WORRY THAT I HAVE BEEN FEELING

The fact is I no longer sleep (it is now NOTHING for me to be awake at 7 or 8 in the morning I am only now starting to get sleepy and it is 7:25 am)

the worry that I keep fgeeling for my dad has caused me to lose ALOT odf sleep, now it is not unusual for me to be out till around 2-3 but 7am? 8 am?

I am SICK of the worry I am SICK of the lack of sleep but most of all I am SICK AND F ING TIRED OF THE FEELING IN THE PITT OF MY STOMACH THAT MAKES ME WANNA THROW OUT AND I AM SICK OF THE FEELING THAT I AM ABOUT TO GO GD INSANE
Old 11-30-2006, 05:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Have you tried going to meetings to begin working a program that has saved many of us from exactly what you are going through?

I lived in fear 24/7 for years before I finally headed for a meeting and made a commitment to myself to stick it out whether I liked it or not. Best choice I ever made, those meetings probably saved my life.

There are lots of meetings where you live. Give yourself a wonderful gift and go find a few and see if it doesn't help.

Hugs
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad you are here... Reading and posting here has helped me so much to start to get out of what you describe. I understand that misery...it is what got me here,too.

Stick around. There are lots of people who have been where you are and are feeling better everyday and willing to share with the rest of us how they have done/are doing that.

Most have found lots of help at AlAnon. Reading and learning about alcoholism and how it effects us who love an alcoholic really helped me. An important thing I learned here was the "Three C's": I didn't cause it(alcoholism). I can't control it or cure it (darn it! )...BUT, I CAN learn to act in a way that is helpful to me and allow me not to continually be sucked down by it. Give it a try!
Old 11-30-2006, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry you are struggling....

There is nothing you can do about your Dad and you worrying is only harming yourself. I use to do that too but with Theraphy, Al-anon, Open AA meetings, education and SR I have finally figured out there is another way to live.... the trick?

Its my Choice I can choose to stay stuck or I can choose to be happy and find a way to live in senerity whether they are drinking or not.

Try a meeting or 6 and see if that does not help
Old 11-30-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'm sorry you're going through this. I went through something similar with my mother.

In addition to Alanon or open AA meetings.......you might consider seeing a counselor or even going to see your medical doctor. Talking really does help. Especially when you can talk with people that have been where you are now.

I'm sending good thoughts your way.

doll
Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Anger. Keeps you awake. My suggestion is go try to find some al-anon or ala-teen if you are younger? With your peers. That will help you feel less alone and angry. Anger is a healthy emotion at times my anger has kept me awake too. I have a different situation but similiar sleep issues. I am sorry that you are feeling so sick. As people have posted realizing eventually that you can't make them change, that you have to be ok with you, this is hard and you may not be ready to deal with that part right now. Try if you are able. Keep reading here. This is a great place. Best Wishes Irsh
Old 11-30-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Have you looked into using St. John's Wart?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Have you tried going to meetings to begin working a program that has saved many of us from exactly what you are going through?

I lived in fear 24/7 for years before I finally headed for a meeting and made a commitment to myself to stick it out whether I liked it or not. Best choice I ever made, those meetings probably saved my life.

There are lots of meetings where you live. Give yourself a wonderful gift and go find a few and see if it doesn't help.

Hugs

I wouldnt know where any meetings are

so I kinda have to stick it out for a couple months till I move to alberta and get back to college, that kept my mind off all this crap

now I'm not going (cause I needed to save $$$ for the move)
Old 11-30-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There are many many meetings in Toronto...I know because I lived there for 20 years.

To ask about current Naranon meetings call....416 239-0096

Also, here are a few meetings for the Toronto area

NORTH YORK: "Hope Group", Sun 7:30pm, Immanuel Baptist Church, 1100 Finch Ave East, (downstairs) 1/2 block west of Don Mills Rd on north side of Finch

SCARBOROUGH: "New Beginnings", Mon 7:30pm, St. Theresa's Shrine of the Little Flower, SE corner of Kingston Road & Midland Ave

ETOBICOKE: "Serenity Group", Wed 7:30pm, St. Luke's United Church, 516 Kingsway, Centennial Room (Keele & Kingsway),

ETOBICOKE: "Freedom", Mon. 7:30pm, St Luke's United Church, 516 Kingsway, Centennial Room (Keele & Kingsway)

TORONTO: "Key To Harmony", Wed 7:30pm, O'Neill Centre, 33 Christie St (1/2 block N of Bloor, take elevator down one floor, turn left)

To ask about current Alanon meetings call....416-410-3809

A few locations are...

Sunday
11:00 AM Parkdale AFG
Mazsaryk-Cowan Community Center
220 Cowan Ave.
Toronto (W. of Dufferin S. off Queen)

Monday
1:00 PM Etobicoke AFG
Bloordale United Church
4258 Bloor St. W.
Etobicoke rear doors room #14 lower level, no children please, closed on Holiday Monday
8:00 PM Long Branch AFG
L.A.M.P. Community Centre
185 5th Street
Toronto at Birmingham (top floor)
8:00 PM Italian Speaking AFG
Ancaster Community Centre
41 Ancaster Rd.
Toronto Italian
Closed Holiday Mondays
8:15 PM Kingsway AFG
St. George On The Hill
Dundas St. West,
Toronto West of Royal York Rd., Beginners meeting 7:45 pm

Tuesday
8:00 PM Weston AFG
St. John's Anglican Church
2125 Weston Rd.
Weston in gym south side entrance opposite the parking lot
8:00 PM Markland Woods AFG
Bloordale United Church
4258 Bloor St. W.
Etobicoke (West of Hwy 427) use back door(Ring buzzer if locked)

Wednesday
10:30 AM Wed. Morning AFG
Farmer Memorial Baptist Church
South Kingsway
Toronto 1 blk. S of Bloor, south lot parking, Larkin St. west facing entrance North side/s/Kingsway side
8:00 PM Downsview AFG
Greenborough Community Church (basement)
2000 Keele Street
Toronto opposite hospital; use rear entrance

Thursday
8:00 PM Roncesvalles AFG
Emmanuel Howard Park U.C.
214 Wright Ave.
Toronto at Roncesvalles,enter off Wright Ave., 2nd floor

Friday
8:00 PM T.G.I.F. AFG
St. Phillips Parish Hall
31 Saint Phillips Road
Etobicoke one block E of Royal York on North Side
8:00 PM Sunshine Italian AFG
Columbus Community Centre
901 Lawrence Ave. W.
Toronto Italian
(Rm 303 B)

That should keep you busy for a week or two
Old 11-30-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WOW,Ann...thanks!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

yes I know what you are dealing with
some things that have been suggested is a good diet, exersise, herbals teas, meletonin (herbal) deep breathing techniques, meditation, some of those cds and clocks that have sedating music or sounds and the last 5 things are the things that is working for me. the first two Im going to work on now.

ive not been clean for much more than a week
cant sleep cant eat
empty house syndrome
two of the living things I LOVE the most in this world are no longer in my life and I am alone in an empty apartment with all kinds of history - trying to pack and sell material items that have history
Im going to get some dinner and go lay down

hope you get some rest ! Your body and mind need it !
Old 12-01-2006, 03:45 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

to Ann

thanks for all those meeting locations, you really didnt have to do that you know,

I dont quite know how I could get to one but I will certinly give it some thought.

thanks again
Old 12-01-2006, 03:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you call one of those numbers and ask, someone will pick you up or go with you.

They are in all areas of the city, the subway will take you close to most.

If you don't want to do this, then don't. Your recovery is entirely up to you to begin when you've had enough. Just know that there are many meetings out there that already are saving a seat just for you...the newcomer.

Hugs