Notices

Any moms out there keeping sane while not using - Part 4

Old 11-30-2006, 12:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any moms out there keeping sane while not using - Part 4

Hi gals,
There's been some problems with some of the mods getting new threads started so I'm starting this one. We sure are a talkative bunch!

You can access part 3 here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-3-a.html
Old 11-30-2006, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I thought this recipe was worth repeating for those not checking out the part 3 thread. It definitely sounds very festive for the holiday season coming up way too quickly. Thanks to Jane for posting it for us.

Hot Cranberry Punch (aka "punch a state trooper could love")

1 48-oz bottle cranberry juice cocktail
1 cup water
1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
3 4-inch cinnamon sticks
1 tsp. whole allspice berries
3/4 tsp whole cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
4 cups fresh orange juice
2 oranges, halved and thinly sliced into half-moons

Combine all ingredients except for orange guice and orange slices in a large saucepan, stirring to blend. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the spices from the punch. Serve warm garnished with the orange slices. Chilled, the punch keeps for up to five days.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

I had the most ****ed up night of my life last night. My husband is in jail, and I put him there for throwing a glass at me, some of which is still stuck in my back. I WILL NOT put up with that crap any longer!!!

To make a long story short, he decided we couldn't afford my sub any more (I told him I wanted to go back on for a small bit to detox off it slower), we got in a huge fight about it, and he ended up picking up a glass and chucking it at me, I was about 2 feet away from him. Luckily, my kids were in bed. This is not the first time something like this has happened, but it's definately the last. I am not meant to be on this earth to be someone's punching bag, emotionally or otherwise!! I'm sooo mad at the whole situation. I'm not getting his but out either! I'm sure he'll see the judge today, I have no idea who or if he called anyone last night, because his parents are out of town. He'll probably be released on his own, a PR bond today (his first offense of any kind), but we'll see.

Add to that the stupid heart thing, and no sleep.....its going to be a VERY long day!!!

Why is my life so f***** up even more now that I've stopped using? It's just not fair.

I'll check in later....hope everyone had a much better night than I.

--Codi--
Old 11-30-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh Codi. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Jail sounds like a pretty good place for your hub right now. Please take good care of yourself. It takes time to detox fully, sometimes even 6 months before things start feeling a bit more normal. Just keep in close contact with your doc so that you can be sure you're being safe about the sub. And of course be honest with yourself so you don't fall into that ugly trap of denial.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, Codi!! Is your back ok? Do you need to have it looked at? What a horrible situation for you to be in. Do you have people there who can help you? I wish I was there to help with the kids for you. Let us know how we can help. ************ }}}}}}
xoxo T
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

codi, are you ok? do you need a doctor to see your back? i wish there was something i could do...i'm sorry you are going through this...

fred...welcome back to day 4...we are all slipping, it must be that time of year...i'm glad you are back...

is everything ok, beezy? i missed you yesterday....
alissa, i am glad your mouth is getting a little better...

i wish you guys were here to make me soup....this crud i have is nasty....i can't believe i still don't feel better...but i'm on day 6!!! i'm tired of being the whiny sick person...i'm still having trouble keeping things down..whine...
Old 11-30-2006, 05:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Poor ((Ayla))-
Can you sip some chicken noodle soup broth? We can't let you get dehydrated.

In my posts any $*&@**&@! husbands from here on out will be referred to as DH. D**K Head

SO, 2 wks today!! I can't believe it.
Thanks for getting me through the pity party- I'm ok.

Love you guys-

** does Beezy usually miss days on here?
Old 11-30-2006, 05:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It freakin' happened again!!! I just spent about 15 minutes typing and lost the stupid thing! So so frustrating....

In fact, I started out with..this is going to be a long post, if I lose it, this computer is going out the window...

I guess I ramble too much! I'll read for a while and maybe try again later!

Cliff note version tho...love you all have a great day!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to chuckle on your behalf, Ruby... I needed that.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok...gonna type fast...

Codi, been there! Go to a shelter if need be! You MUST take care of yourself and the kids!!!!

Ayla, I make good soup and would gladly help you out...I'm right next door in Indiana..I can be there in a few hours!

Beezylou...where are you?????

Coloring my hair today...bought a new RED shirt (that's right Clinton & Stacy, no black!!!) I'm determined to do something about this low self esteem!

TamTam...glad I can make ya laugh! Which reminds me...ayla, Nick at Night is having a contest for the funniest Mom in America. Once you're feeling better, you need to get crackalackin on your routine and enter!

Ok...ready to hit the post button...wish me luck!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ooohhh...did I just admit to watching Nick at Night?!?! What a dork!!!
Old 11-30-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

how are the kids this morning, codi...are you getting along ok? i'm worried....

i know i say this all of the time....but i gotta say again what an amazing group of women you all are....and how great it is we found each other...i am grateful for you every day....we have our own little support group here, and what are the odds of making such strong, close relationships with women we have never met? it is just so cool...
Old 11-30-2006, 05:44 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ruby...i'll see you around 1:00....(don't worry...i like dorks...if they bring me soup...hehe)
Old 11-30-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Jane, forgot to mention...I've made that punch before and it is YUMMY!!! I make mine in the crockpot and let it simmer all day. An added bonus...it makes the house smell wonderful, too!
Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Just got my 7 yr old off to school, why is it days like this my 4 yr old is home. I need some alone time to figure out what to do. My DH has never been physical before, just yells. Not that it matters, what he did WILL NOT fly in my book. I will probably take the kids and go to my parents at least for the weekend. (to top it all off my cable was turned off last night, and my 4 yr old is driving me nuts...I need t.v.)

I don't want to go to the hospital, I'm scared it'll hurt to take the piece of glass out...I'm going to see if my mom will try to get it out first. What a baby I am, huh!!

((Ayla)) I hope you're feeling better soon. Please try to keep down fluids so you don't get dehydrated.

Well gals, it's going to be a long day...I'll be here a lot for some much needed support. I love you guys...Codi
Old 11-30-2006, 06:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Ladies...I am sorry I was MIA yesterday but I was at my daughters school all day doing my skit in the food is knowledge thingy...I have not talked that much in years....but it was so much fun....I actually remembered my lines pretty well and the kids seemed to have fun at my station.

So then I came home and had to get some wood chopped and stuff ready for our winter storm...it is nasty out..sleeting at the moment...no school for the kids. I just hope we don't lose power. every 5 minutes my son asks when is it gonna snow...cracks me up..let me consult my crystal ball lucas....LOL

but I am alive and doing pretty good.

codi- My hubby and I went through this he choked me one morning last year...and he spent the night in Jail..it was not the first but it has been the last..I insisted he go to counseling etc. that was when I cleaned up too, cause I know I was a mess but that did not give him the right to touch me..I grew up with that crap and swore to never go through it again. You did the right thing I just hope he gets it and does not do anything else. Do you want to work it out ?? or are you done ??? counseling did help us ALOT !!!

Ayla- honey are you feeling better baby...your getting nasty weather too...plop down on the couch and rest..glad your kids were good...tell them I said -to take good care of momma-

Ruby--I was thinking about coloring my hair too...I am a dark brunette but always put purple or red in it ...I like the Plum best it looks pretty..plus my grays seem to be multiplying as the seconds pass...

Fred--I know it is hard but I am glad you are getting back on track....you deserve it...

Okay I went to the library yesterday too ..to get books since I will be snowed in..but I read one last night..you have got to read it if you haven't

For one more day--by Mitch Albom-- It was just what I needed and it is an easy read..like 200 pgs...read it...it is based on the story about if you could have one more day with someone you love that has died...and what would you say or take from it....Fantastic...

okay I need to get the kids some chow...and put some wood in the fire....burrrrr

love to all my ladies and again if you want to do secret santa...email me

beezylou******...

Much love,
Beezy
Old 11-30-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi girls,

just poppin in to say "hey". I feel a little better today, still sober so i guess that's all that matters (unless Nyquil counts as a relapse....God i hope not).

Ayla - forgive me for my ignorance, but are you sick because you have the flu or something or is it from withdrawals? Hope you feel better soon, i'm not real good at geography, but i'm pretty sure New Hamphshire is quite a ways away, so soup would be pretty cold by the time i got it there. Oh well.

Codie - sorry you had a sucky night, is your DH-H usually abusive, was he drinking or just comes by it naturally?

Ruby - i should color my hair, but i'm on strike....let the grays take over i say. No sense in fighting it, just wish i was one of those ladies that gray looks good on.

Tam Tam - WTG on 2 weeks!

oh, BTW.....just heard from my sponsor.....her email server went down yesterday (can't be good, she works at a newspaper) and she never got my email pissing and moaning on Tuesdsay soooooo...........guess it's not all about me huh?
Old 11-30-2006, 07:22 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

we are about to have a thunderstorm....in (almost) december...wtf???? beezy...i was worried...glad you had a good time yesterday...i want a fire...but it's like 65 here....it's gonna be cold tomorrow....brrrr....

i ate toast...cross your fingers....i might eat something different...i'm tired of throwing up toast and noodle soup...i need a little variety....maybe i can throw up veggie soup??? crackers? hmmm....(i know...i'm gross...eeewww..)

i have 1 gray hair...in my eyebrow...
Old 11-30-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

igfan...i think it's a little of both...but there is a nasty flu going around...everyone who was at my house last week has it...(i'm glad i didn't cook, or we could blame it on that...)it ran through my family really fast, and now it is lingering in me....whine....
Old 11-30-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ayla zaire View Post
we are about to have a thunderstorm....in (almost) december...wtf???? beezy...i was worried...glad you had a good time yesterday...i want a fire...but it's like 65 here....it's gonna be cold tomorrow....brrrr....

i ate toast...cross your fingers....i might eat something different...i'm tired of throwing up toast and noodle soup...i need a little variety....maybe i can throw up veggie soup??? crackers? hmmm....(i know...i'm gross...eeewww..)

i have 1 gray hair...in my eyebrow...
I think that's the only place i don't have gray hairs

We're having some mild weather up north here also and i believe we have a chance of T-storms today too, but like Ohio, it is supposed to cool way off this weekend.

Ayla - i'm not good at geography, but my brother lives in Ohio, so i know you're about 13-14 hours away........i'll open the can when i get there.