Notices

The emotional rollercoater

Old 11-29-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The emotional rollercoater

Hi everyone!

I'm breathing, I'm posting! What is up?? I have been feeling so good, I even noted today how much I'm smiling and making small talk. I had stopped doing that because I was sure people would notice my eyes were red or I had the shakes, or even my breath smelled like wine. All of a sudden in the car during drop kid off here, pick kid up there, wham-o, I feel like an emotional wreck!??! My stomache is in knots, I could cry at any given moment. Wed. night had turned into quite a drinking night for me. Everyone goes to church to sing in choir (my kids would be mortified if I sang in public...) so I'm alone from 7:30-9. I would suck down a bottle of wine then throw it out in the trash can outside , then open another bottle.. When they got home it looked like I had just drank 1/2 - 1 bottle..... lovely, huh?

It's not that I want a glass-- I don't get it. I didn't want to let on to my family that I was upset- kind of dumb. They think I'm doing so well- which I am for the most part...

Tomorrow is 2 wks.

This is where I would insert the rollercoaster smiley if they worked..

Thanks everyone!..
Old 11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Thumbs up

Evening TamTam...

Ain't sobriety GREAT...You have a very good reason to sport that smile...

Congratulations on two weeks tomorrow...

It must be a magical date, one of my very best friends here is celebrating two weeks tomorrow...

Keep up the good work. It only gets better...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-29-2006, 05:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, Steve!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Tam Tam

You are doing wonderful. Sometimes I think that I have this thing in the bag and them wammo.. HUGE.. CRAVINGS.. I think it is normal to feel so emotional, it is like we are mourning and saying goodbye to a friend.

Is there something specific that is bothering you? How old are your kids? Your not alone Tam Tam, breathe...

Do you find your spin classes help? Spin classes, I have never done one but I heard they are really tough.

What I find helps me is to be totally honest with myself. So many times I talked myself into believing that welll it wasn't so bad, yeah!! right..

We will get through this together o.k...?
A big hug..
Joanne
Old 11-29-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Victory is mine!

Two weeks is awesome!!!!!!

I understand the roller coaster that you are on. IMHO you should just tell your family that you are struggling. At the very least call a sponsor or someone else, you don't have to do this alone. I didn't want to tell anybody that I was suffering when I started out, for the reason that you stated. They all thought that I was doing so good (and you are) and I felt like they would be disappointed in me. My sponsor told me that it was my pride that kept me from telling them about it and that they and I would benefit from it if I let them know my feelings. I can't say that this is the right thing for eveyone but it worked for me.

My prayers go out to you,
Scott
Old 11-29-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!! I too will be celebrating two weeks tommorrow!!

I completely understand. One second you feel great the next like someone has betrayed you. But isn't it still nice to feel?? And to feel without wondering if it is just the booze?? It is very freeing and painful at the same time.

Congrats again!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing well and hopefully the emotional roller coaster will slow down soon.

I didn't talk to my family about how I was feeling either. I already felt so guilty about my drinking, I thought I should just go about doing it and not bother them. There is lots of support here and it might help if you try journalling.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks, everyone-
I guess I just wanted people who understand to join my pitty party and give some positive reinforcement.

I will take the sober emotional rollercoater over the hungover remorseful rollercoaster anyday!

Thanks again!
xoxo T
Old 11-29-2006, 09:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey tam...i think it would be good if you tried something new on wednesday nights...i know your alone time is important with kids, but maybe for a while you could arrange to take a class or have a friend over for movies...anything to keep you from being alone...

hang in there...you will make it through this...it is very normal for our emotions to be crazy in early recovery...our bodies are adjusting...and until we level out we will feel a little nutty...i have found that zoloft helps me...have you considered talking to your doctor?

i hope you feel better in the morning, my friend...i'll check in and see

love and hugs to a great friend..
ayla
Old 11-29-2006, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The rollercoaster does level out some, but don't expect it to stop any time soon. I think that's actually called life. I'm just trying to learn that right now. You're doing great!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hi tam -

c'est is right - lots of it is just life ... but some of the 'g' force drops off in just a few weeks - LOL

then yer face returns to normal ...

congtats on sticking with it!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This would be the 'thanks' tab... if it worked.
Thanks evryone.

Today is a new day- thank God!
Old 11-30-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

the emotional rollercoaster is what gets me in trouble

I definetly know what you mean about the emotional rollercoaster. From what I have heard, read and am tryng to deal with is a tough one. If you have a doctor maybe they can get you some omood stabilizer medicine for a little while. Mine seem to be helping a little but some days are harder than others and I just have to keep trying and getting to meetings and keep posting on this forum.

May you have a happy peaceful day !
Old 11-30-2006, 05:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

So, I am at 2 wks today!!!! I figured that there was no way I could go this long without finding myself curled up in a ball in the dark...

Coming on this site and hearing from all of you amazing, honest, strong, loving people always perks me up and makes me feel good.

2 of anything is hard, right. Does that mean I'm good until the eve of my 2 month mark??????

Have a great day!
xoxo T
Old 11-30-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

tamtam

Im no expert but it is said just focus on today.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:14 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I hear ya
Old 11-30-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
So, I am at 2 wks today!!!!
Coming on this site and hearing from all of you amazing, honest, strong, loving people always perks me up and makes me feel good.
Hi Tam Tam. We're just about at the same point time wise. Great job! And you're right, this site is a source of strength!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

hey there sweetie. this rollercoaster is normal. check out some of my old posts. but then, life is a bit of a rollercoaster for even those sober people.

you are doing great. you came here and posted instead of picking up! i'd be happy to spend the time watching "Lost" with you on wednesday nights when it comes back on! for now, i'll meet cha at the movies?

hugs,
Old 11-30-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

*cues The Ohio Playes, sings along*
Rolllleeer Coaster !!!!

OP, Yeah, my emotions and energy level go up and down to extremes. They say the peaks and valleys decrease with time.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:06 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

you're doing great
i can't wait to get to be where you are
congrats and thanks for everything
mis