Update~~

Old 11-29-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update~~

I've been seperated from AH for over a month now and have had as little contact as possible since then. It's been going good. I'm still at my moms with the boys and I crammed into one room. I am happy. I have my days... and start feeling guilty sometimes about doing so well. I start to feel guilty that I left him in such a bad mental state. He is depressed and angry.. and drinking.

This was our first holiday apart and he had the kids for 5 days out of town. I have never been w/o them, but I survived.

Also - He has been laid off from his Great paying job as well. When i ask him anything about it... I'm told it's none of my f'ng business. Then he sends me creepy messages while I'm in the movie theater telling me I look beautiful.. and he hadnt seen me unless he followed me to the movies w/the boys. Anyway.... I have days where I am totally stresses and then others where life is great! I feel like i am doing the best thing in the world for me and the boys... but DANG it's scary as heck!

Thanks for listening... it's sure been a long road and I'm slowly coming a little further......
Old 11-29-2006, 02:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey ... long time no see.

That is because it is scary hon... but in a good way too. Just keep taking it one day at a time and it will get less scary.
Old 11-29-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, I'm glad you posted! It's good to know you're doing well. I've hit kind of a rough patch this week, but for the most part, I'm like you...chugging along. Take care.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Then he sends me creepy messages while I'm in the movie theater telling me I look beautiful.. and he hadnt seen me unless he followed me to the movies w/the boys.
Ayers its great to hear from you and that things are going basicly fairly well. I do hope you are saving the "creepy" text messages and making a note of when and where you received them. It will come in very handy when you decide to speak with an attorney or if the behavior continues to get a restraining order.

Enjoy your boys, glad that even though its a bit cramped that you are feeling secure at your mom's.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care.

Love and hugs,
Old 11-29-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I think it's really normal to go through a lot of emotions. I mean, come on, this is a huge change in your life and there has been a lot of adjustments to make!
It's great to hear from you though - and I'm glad to hear that you seem to be doing well. I think that many of us have our days where we feel not so great, but just keep on focusing on you and your recovery and this new life you have with your kids! One day at a time!

(((ayers)))
Old 11-29-2006, 07:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Ayers, I just tonight was wondering where you have been and how you were doing? So glad to read your post! Day at a time, and we do know there will be some really tough ones, and some that feel pretty darn good! Peace to you.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are doin' good. Keep on chugging along !
Old 11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ayers, Glad to hear from you, had been wondering how things have been. Yep, it is scarey, but very liberating too. I am happy to hear you say that you know this is for the best.....you made a good decision and you did not leave him in the moods he is in.....that is his to own. His drinking is his responsibility, not yours. so don't waste you time feeling guilty...life is too short not to enjoy it.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hi ayers......great to see you here.

glad to hear your making the changes......i understand how difficult it is.....but the rewards are the greatest.

keep us posted, ok????

jeri
Old 11-30-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great to see you, I will just add Caring HUGS!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone... having a downer day today. I recieved some pink and purple roses from Ah this afternoon and tons of emails asking me to dinner and stuff.

For the most part.. like I said I've been doing good. I'm chugging along... my chest isn't always hurting... I'm still trying very hard to get my boys in-line. They are a handful... could be the age.. could be the changes... I just never know....
Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Ayers, Good to hear from you. You sound like you are doing the very best you can. Remember he is quacking as they say here. Hugs to you. See you again. Irsh