Notices

hi everyone!!!!

Old 11-28-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi everyone!!!!

hello everyone. ive really missed this site. i had the great fortune of a drunk at a party across from my house ramming his car into a telephone pole in my street and destroying the telephone box thingy rendering myself and many others on my block without phone service or internet service for 11 days. im stuck using dial up service for now until they get my dsl working again but i'll get over it i guess.thank god he nor anyone was injured badly. im still pill and drink free. its been almost 8 weeks now and im doing well. i just wanted to pop in and say hello to everyone. c-ya's later!!
Old 11-28-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again...

and congratulations on your clean and sober time

Blessings
Old 11-28-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy to see you, Split! Keep up the good work and don't be a stranger... well, any stranger than you are!
Old 11-28-2006, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good stuff, Split! Congrats on 8 weeks! You're doing the right thing by staying clean and sober.

Keep coming back.
chip
Old 11-29-2006, 12:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

congrats on your clean time. too bad about the drunk knocking out your service, but I bet it helped remind you how bad it could be.
Old 11-29-2006, 12:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

welcome back, split !

it's 10 below zero here tonight - last night, in a heavy snow ... I went to a friends' house, just in time to watch a HUGE diesel truck
(it's montana, everyone has something like that, it seems ... truck envy, I think) slide into another truck, and then the ice carried BOTH trucks down a hill ... into a telephone pole.
very impressive bang.

good thing no one was hurt!

but boy ...
you shoulda heard the MOUTH on the wife of one of the truck owners. She got out, and just CUSSED her poor (we thoguht) husband, while we stood on my firend's porch having a smoke waiting to see if we needed to call a towtruck ...
or possibly an ambulance ... for the husband!
whew!
3-D theatre ... LOL

glad to see ya!
Old 11-29-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to hear about the 8 weeks. Way to go!
Old 11-29-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hiya SH, glad to see ya back.

Sorry to hear about the phone pole, glad to hear no one was hurt. The message maybe was subtle, but one worth remembering, drink and you too could knock out phone poles or kill someone... I find the HP works in strange ways... maybe your HP was helping to remind you as you round the corner on 8 weeks.

Peace, Levi
Old 11-29-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

thanks everyone. im so glad to have the internet back. ive really missed sharing with everyone here. even though i still attend AA and/or NA on a daily basis this site has become a very important part of my journey in recovery. thanks to everyone here. plus i missed you guys!!! barb, what an incredible story. thanks for sharing that with us, and leviathon you are so right. im starting to see that good ole HP usually works in ways that allows me to hear and learn exactly what i need to at the precise moment i need to hear it. isnt that a blast! im really loving sobriety. never a dull moment! god bless y'all!!!