Moving on

Old 11-24-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving on

Hi Guys

I was listening to the radio today and I heard a song, not sure who it was by but a couple of the lyrics really struck me. They said ...

"If you can`t move forwards - move on."

This is so so true. Finding the strengh to do it is so hard however I tried and tried and tried with my (now) ex AB. It was like 4 steps forwards and 2 back. I tried to move forward however I found the strengh and with my HP moved on. It is hard but take each day as it comes. I lost so much in the relationship but am now realising that by moving on I am rebuiling my life and experiencing things I would have never had chance to. Push through, there is light on the otherside.

Love and peace to you all
Old 11-24-2006, 02:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Long time no see....
Glad you are moving forward, I understand how difficult that is.
Remember one day at a time.
(((Katie)))
Old 11-24-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

hi katie

Glad to hear you're making progress. Without the relationship with AH I would not be doing the work on myself that I've needed to do all these years. Yesterday someone said to me - I'd be so angry, he took 18 years from you. I said no, I gave them.

Love and peace to you, too
Old 11-24-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey katie. Thanks for the post. I was nervous all week about Thanksgiving, being 99% sure that my ex was going to be spending it all alone and questioning whether I should even just text him to wish him a good day. I was getting all sentimental because we spent last Thanksgiving together-- and he was so happy he brought 3 different pies and my family was despicable to him. So I felt sorry for him this year.

Ultimately I chose not to contact him, and he didn't take advantage of the holiday to contact me either, which I thought he might like he did on his birthday. So now Thursday is come and gone. Wasn't the best day for me (alone with my family and no easy escape plan), but I feel better that I didn't succumb under the holiday pressure to ruin doing what I know is best for me. And that's having no contact right now. And I'm proud of him in some weird way for not being underhanded, too. So my holiday still kinda sucked but hey, neither me or him made anything worse for one another, which makes me proud of myself and hopeful for him.

"If you can`t move forwards - move on."
I like that.
Old 11-28-2006, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey Patty
Good to be back! I still drop in a see how all you guys are. I can never thank you enough. I look back at where I was a couple of years ago and hand on my heart I dont know how I got through. All I know that when I couldnt go on anymore and things we getting worse and worse you guys were here for me. I thank you all so much.

It is nice to see how everyone is doing and hopefully I can help offer my support to others.

Have a lovely day
((HUGS TO ALL))