I need clarification

Old 11-22-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need clarification

I have been here less then 24 hours an atleast 3 times I have been wished luck on my recovery from my dad's addiction

my question is

what recovery?

I dont mean to sound ungreatful or rude but I really dont get what you mean by my recovery

last time I looked I was not the dealer (yes my dad is a dealer to) or the alcoholic or the drug abusier,

dont get me wrong when I do drink I drink heavy but this is a holiday type thing so it doesnt qualify as an addiction because I am really only like 2-3 times a year, maybe a christmas or in auguast when I was visiting family I went 12 of the 14 days I was there but that was only one of 2 times this year.

so I guess my question is

what do you mean by my recovery?
Old 11-22-2006, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

recovery takes many forms. Sometimes one needs to recover from the abuse, neglect and mistreatment as much as one needs to recover from a substance. I know that was part of my problem. I grew up in an alcoholic violent home... the home was so bad that at the ripe old age of 13/14, can't recall which anymore, I left home and decided the fear of the unknown was less than the fear of the known....

At first I too only used periodically, that quickly changed into daily drinking when it got the chance.

Maybe you can resolve your issues before they become issues, that is what is meant by recovery... at least in part.
Old 11-23-2006, 03:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

King, this is a recovery site for those suffering from the affects of drugs and alcohol, which includes not only the addict and alcoholic but also the friends and family like you and I. More than 1/3 of the posts here are from codependents, people like you and me.

You have been deeply affected by your fathers addiction, you have reached out to a support group here that can help you and share their own experience, strength and hope with you, you have posted and shared your pain and you have read about what worked for others....your journey of recovery has already begun.

It's a beautiful jouney and I'm glad to have you walking with us.

Hugs
Old 11-23-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is healing.