Notices

Hello Again!!! 120 days Sober Today

Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Hello Again!!! 120 days Sober Today

4 months now without a drop of booze. I'm feeling quite accomplished, quite proud of myself. Absolutely no urges to have a drink, despite having been placed in several social occasions where liquor, champagne and wine was flowing freely. Set me up with a tall glass of V-8 on the rocks with a twist of lime and I'm good to go. It's sure interesting at these functions to watch the night progress, the chatter gets louder and louder and makes les and less sense as the hours tick by.
Thank god I make it home straight as an arrow and wake up fully refreshed and raring to go the next day. I'm sure that some at theses functions are miserable and at a loss of any ambition the next day.

Life is good again, I have come full circle from being a total binge drinker for years, back to an individual with ambition, a good work ethic again and for darned sure to not need to make excuses for my uncontrollable actions of the past.

My wiufe has also given up drinking, as we used to somewhat feed off each other's tendancies in that respect.

The terrible detox withdrawal I went through in late July is a thing of the past, but the memories are strong enough of that debilitating sickness to keep e headed in the right direction.

This is my first post here since I hit the 90 day mark, but I browse and lurk here frequently.

It can be done, one can bring one's self out of that dark and pitiful love affair with booze, and if any of you remember when when I first started posting here in July,you'll know what a bad case of it I had and I'm convinced if I hadn't come to grips I would have died before too much more time passed.

I salute Sober Recovery forums for helping me through the darkest days at the beginnining of my journey into sobriety. I wish to offer hope to all who still struggle with this insidious disease.

God Bless to you all

Scott in South Florida
Old 11-20-2006, 05:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Congrats on 4 months!! That's awesome. Keep up the good work!

Old 11-20-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's great to hear from you and to know that you're doing so well.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

way to go 4 months is awesme, proud of you.

Kevin
Old 11-21-2006, 01:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace