Notices

after 35 days.....back to day #0.....

Old 11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

after 35 days.....back to day #0.....

good evening....after 35 days sober...i bought myself a bottle....it's like at day #30,a switch was turned off.....i was doing so good....i stopped exercising....and i got so depressed...my best ex-friend who i quit drinking for sent me another letter,telling me she could,"hold her head up high cause she did all she could do for me..."...and my daughter,who i also quit for....has been,"soooooooooooo......busy"....lately..i've been waking up with tears in my eyes...and feeling hopeless and alone.....again.....i knew it was just a matter of time...and i found myself in the liquor store today.....after i made an appointment with my doctor for next week,to get back on anti depressants.....i felt it coming....and i couldn't wait until next week...meeting with my therapist tomorrow....will be honest with her...I need help....didn't want to take pills,but i need them.....especially with the holidays looming.....i hate me........but the peole i quit drinking for....are nowhere to be found these days......gotta get to bed.....and forget all about today,and the mistakes i have made.....
Old 11-20-2006, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The only one to quit drinking for is YOU! Tomorrow's another day, you'll start again knowing you can do it. Don't be too hard on yourself, remember, it's progress, not perfection. Think of your best friend or your daughter -- if they slipped, would you be comforting them or would you be beating them up? Take care.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

learn from thissssssss, life is a lesson and until you get it right it will keep re-occuring.. make this the first day of the rest of your life
Old 11-20-2006, 04:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Karrotop,

You can begin again and get it right this time.

You need to remember you can do this only for yourself. It is SO hard to stop drinking that I don't believe you can do it for your friend or your daughter. It has to be something you do for yourself.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pick yourself back up, hold your head up high, and keep moving forward. You do have to quit drinking for yourself to get it to work. You are worth it.

Don't beat yourself up-- I know that is easier said and done but use this as a lesson and continue forward in your sobriety.

The days will add up again before you know it. Don't quit trying- you will do it!
Old 11-20-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I am grateful your back we are not quitters
Old 11-20-2006, 05:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Hey you slipped, fell, and now your back up...

Just think about it as steping on a sheet of ice. You stepped on it, slipped, fell on your butt, and now your on your feet...

Just like you would remember where the sheet of ice is when your walking that way again, do the same with the things in your life that are making you drink, and don't go that way again...

Best of luck to you karrotop...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-20-2006, 05:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree with everybody, don't let this let you down. Hey, it is not an easy job and you did it once, you can do it again.
Try to focus on the fact you were able to stop for 35 days and pat yourself on the back and start again.

Lots of hugs!!
Old 11-20-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Karrotop,

You can do this! Just for today, do not drink.You are so worth it!!

I am pulling for you~
Old 11-20-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do it for yourself. Even the best of friends get tired of dealing with a drunk. Even the people who love you the most can't help but doubt you. I know mine did. Somewhere around 6 - 7 months my husband and best friends really started to believe I was serious and of course, I was changing back into the person they remembered. It's a process for them as well.

Don't blame them. They need their own time to recover from the fears of losing you. It's text book stuff.

You can start again.. you can get what you want.. it's all up to you and you alone.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Keeper of the Stars

Smile

Karrotop,

Recovery can be YOURS, but you have to want it for YOU!

Just keep doing the next right thing! Surround yourself with others in recovery and hang on for an amazing, eye-opening experience.

Honesty, Openness, Willingness!
Old 11-21-2006, 12:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here are excerpts from the book that explained
WHY I drank even when I did not want to.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...influence.html

I never drank again after reading "Under The Influence"
I use God and AA to keep me in recovery.

Blessings
Old 11-21-2006, 12:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Just get back into the game. You can do this, but you've got to do it for YOU!