Why won't he just ADMIT IT?!

Old 11-20-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why won't he just ADMIT IT?!

For about 4.5 yrs I've been with LB. He's got the biggest heart and is a very caring person. He's completely selfless, sensitive, loving, loves the holidays, great cook and is not lazy at the job site. But if you know LB, he loves his alcohol, drugs, and smoking. He comes from a broken family... His mom also loves her alcohol, and smokes, his dad is not all there since he had brain surgery and cut his sons out of his life. He also has an older brother that's been through the same thing he has when he was younger but now is just a home body that works, smokes weed, and video games. Although they live with each other, there isn't much of a brotherly love relationship between the two.

ME - I'm just a regular girl, innocent, doesn't do drugs, and was very sheltered when I was younger. Let's just say that LB was my first and love. I do smoke, drink occasionally and likes to spend time with friends.

During the 4 out of the 4.5 yrs we were together, I lived with LB and his brother because I ran away from home when I was 18. He took care of me and took me in to his family. During the first 6 mos. of our relationship, he and my guy friends went into a phase of meth, coke, ecstacy, and weed. The meth and E phase only last for a short while... But I watched as my friends lost their minds in a world of no sleep, paranoia, sudden weight loss. It was sick. But as time went on, the strong overcame the phase and got over it. The not so strong continued with the coke, broke down, and seeked help. Of course there have been slip ups with them, but the important thing is that the recognize that they have a problem, and the get back on the feet on the road to recovery. And here's my love, LB. He hasn't learned from his friends' experiences and struggles with drugs. Also he's like to drink, a lot. He's the only person I know that doesn't care to drink by himself. At times, I'd find empty mickeys of rum in his pocket or in his closet. There'd be a few months when he's not around drugs and just when I thought he was over it, BAM! Then I'd hear from sources that he did coke.

He always shows his love towards me and never physically hurt me. He just recently went on a ecstacy binge and didn't come home for a few days. He went on wearing the same clothes he wore a few days prior. Was not sober once. All his friends are concerned about him. I thought he'd come back feeling regret but he didn't. He completely dismissed me, did not call me, nor did he show any concern about me or my feelings. Since his friends are concerned and talked to me about this, he thinks they're are just talking behind his back, making it seem like he's the victim in the situation. He thinks that what he did is FINE and that all he did was just party over the weekend. And he went back to work today just fine (He is on thin ice at work, too many days off.) He's in denial, and is on the defensive. Or he'll just say what people want to hear, "YES, drugs are bad, I shouldn't have done such much. Yes you were right, and I am wrong." I'm tired of dealing with this, but I can't lose him cuz he's all I've got.

If he won't listen to his friends, family, and his girlfriend, then who is he going to listen to?

What will it take for him to recognize that he has a problem?

Please help.

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry wrong section.