Notices

New and Irish and in need of help

Old 11-20-2006, 05:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New and Irish and in need of help

Hey there

I am tentaively putting a q out there and would love feedabck - especailly from any other Irish user - I think cultural insight is very beneficail.

I ma slowly comming to the realisation of a drink problem I have - Only over the last few months really but it has brought me to place I need to and want to get out of fast !! I have a lot happening in my life and that lasy number of eyars ahev been tough - and I feel things are crashing in around me. I drinkl only occassionally but when I do I drink to oblivion - Seriosu oblivion...

Can anyone help me throught this? I feel useless and a failure - I am a single mum - fantastic son - 9 years old - I am a private person and have no wish to attend meetings - Am a little control freak so this is scaring me ... Can you help me please... I think it may be lonliness also -- The big 40 looms large next year...

I would love some help and any feedback would be very miuch appreicated ... I dread Christmas - Does any of this make sense? Am I just waffling?? ... Thanks in advanced

Little Sis
Old 11-20-2006, 05:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR little sis. I hope you are able to find some answers here. your situation certainly does make sense and no your not waffling. You have taken a huge step in changing your life for the better so congratulations. If you feel like you don't need meetings (face to face support) then perhaps you can look into some alternatives. There is a sticky with a long list of programs.

I can understand your fear of Christmas, but you can do what I'm doing today - not worry about it. There is nothing you can do about Christmas today and worrying will only make you sick about it.

Stick around and keep posting.
Old 11-20-2006, 05:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Welcome to SR Little Sis...

You have come to the right place. I'm new here also, so we can learn togeather...

Stay strong. Don't worry about Christmas, just worry about what your doing today...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-20-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hello Little sis,....Wecolme to SR......

My main prob was drugs but it soon turned to drink,...!

Im really glad your Here in just over the water from you........

But come from the North so Yep i Understand what your saying ,....Im sure there is a few Irish here....!

Christmas,...Oh my ...A Biggy for Many of us....!

Glad your Here................................