Since When Does Participating in Lighthearted Fun...

Old 11-17-2006, 07:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Since When Does Participating in Lighthearted Fun...

and recalling a classic TV skit between Dan Akryod and Jane Curtin make a post fall outside the scope of a "G" rating? And since when does such a post merit not one, but two public scoldings? The first moderator accused me of being a rebel, which is insulting enough, but I let it go. But then without posting to that thread further, a second moderator chimes in to tell me that I "lack recovery."

One public scolding was insensitive at best and more than sufficient, but two public scoldings constitute harrassment and are simply uncalled for.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Things change, unfortunately.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not all change is a good thing.
Old 11-17-2006, 07:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Not an example of recovery" isn't something I learned to say in Al-Anon about anyone else. Maybe it was written in haste?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i was also one that participated in the fun-frolicking of the post you are referring to. i have apologized for posting outside the guidelines and if i offended anyone by my post.

having said that, i will further comment that public chastisings, imo, are also inappropriate.

i have read many of your posts and think that you have contributed many good things to this forum.....knowledgeable, caring, and tasteful.

i also felt the sting of reading the words "not being an example of recovery".

blessings
jeri
Old 11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you'll read the thread Cynay simply said she had to change it because the poster went around the censor. After doing that it was posted again with extra letters completely ignoring the moderators decision and being totally disrespectful. The fault is not with the mods. The poster publicly defied the decision she made after violating the rule by going around the censor.
Old 11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

FD-

I dont know the thread you mean, but just wanted you toknow you aint the only one who get's pow pow's from mods.

I just figure its thier playground here and Im just a naughty child who does things my way in trying to carry the message. May not be the way others would like me to carry it, but oh well...

Tolerance and understanding is my code...or trying anyhow.

Hugs to ya!
Old 11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Excuse me, MorningGlory, but if you review that thread carefully, you'll see that Cynay's response addressed F-O-B and not me. I had no idea she was referring to me and once I figured it out, I thought she was funin' along with the rest of us.

I seriously resent you claiming, "The poster publicly defied the decision she made after violating the rule by going around the censor," when you have no idea how I intrepreted Cynay's confusing post or what my intentions were.

Never have I intentionally defied the moderators or been disrespectful of the forum rules. And even if you all felt I was at fault, I deserved offline scoldings.

Now at this point, I've had three public scoldings, and I deserved none of them. So who moderates the moderators when they're offbase?
Old 11-17-2006, 08:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I didn't take it as FD defying anything - I was able to figure out she was just playing around.....I think she deserves an apology for the public scolding x's 3. IMO
Old 11-17-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Sorry, formerdoormat, I have no idea what happened, but hurt because it hurt you. LV AND BIG CARING HUGS GAL
Old 11-17-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Dang..I was involved? I have no idea what this is about, can someone enlighten me?

what thread was it?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FriendofBill
Dang..I was involved? I have no idea what this is about, can someone enlighten me?

what thread was it?
don't you just hate when that happens?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

ooohhhhhh.....those ole dang stinkin fish!!!!! wish i'd never had the desire to throw them out or write about them.

blessings
jeri
Old 11-17-2006, 09:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

well I for one found the thread to be funny...and not offensive...tho as it was modified, I may have missed the offensive material.

I am kinda surprised at mikes comments....and didnt know we have kids here? Where are they...? Did we leave out milk and cookies for them?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am not scolding anyone. I did not mention any names. I am just reading the thread as I see it. If you thought Cynay was joking when she edited the word then I can see the miscommunication, but I also see this thread as publicly scolding the mods when I think their actions with their understanding of what happened was appropriate.

Since this thread was posted in public I answered it in public.

FriendofBill was obviously an error since she didn't even post in the thread.

I apologize if I misinterpreted your motives for reposting the word after it had been edited. I can see it differently after you said you thought Cynay was joking. I'm sure she will understand it differently now also.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I wonder why my name comes out in asterisks? ********

am I on time out?
Old 11-17-2006, 09:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll have to go look. It must be confusing it with an S in the beginning. I'll see if I can fix that.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

I took it out FOB. Apparently those initials are some kind of racial remark. I censored all the racial remarks from the online encyclopedia and that was one of them.
Old 11-18-2006, 07:28 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Friend of Bill, Ashley comes here and she's a kid. I think being a moderator must be more work than anything else. There are rules and I also think ther is a familiarity with posters who talk daily. They can joke. There are people who are not regulars and come here for help. They may misinterpret the mission of this forum. I understand this was meant as a joke. In the truest reality, I understand throwing the fish away, I thought the skit with Jane Curtain was hysterical. As the moderators use the rules to sensor, I'd rather just refer to jane Curtains skit than spend time figuring out how to spell a swear word to beat the sensors. I think it would be a mistake to leave the impression that throwing an alcoholics stuff away is a good recovery tactic. I get it. I also know that many peope come here in pain, like Ashley. She is a young girl who is looking for guidance from adults. It is great that some people have reached a point in recovery where they can joke. It is great that some posters have found a familiarity with others here. Even though it may seem rigid, I think the moderators must make sure the mission of the forum stays on track. I will be blunt, what started off funny got silly and unhelpful.
Old 11-18-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

And I will be blunt with you, Mallowcup. As I have already explained, I thought Cynay was JOKING. There was nothing in my post that was unhelpful. If you didn't appreciate my humor, you and anyone else are welcome to take what you want and leave the rest.

And when did the feelings of newcommers become more important than those of us who have frequented this forum for years? It is harmful when the moderators publicly berate you--THREE TIMES. It is harmful when a moderator tells you that you "lack recovery." It is harmful when another moderator calls you a "rebel." It is harmful when you explain that you didn't understand that the first moderator was talking to you, and another moderator fails to listen and tells you you've been "disrespectful."

What was done to me was harmful. And in case you all haven't noticed, IT HURT ME DEEPLY. And with the exception of MorningGlory, none of the moderators have apologized to me for their public attacks. In fact, one moderator has continued to berate me via private messages.

I simply do not deserve this. Is that blunt enough for you?

Last edited by FormerDoormat; 11-18-2006 at 08:34 AM.