Notices

i stayed sober through day #31

Old 11-17-2006, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

i stayed sober through day #31

good morning...as i said,i was feeling all those,"i need a drink feelings" on day #30...hopeless,alone,depressed,and discouraged....woke up yesterday with tears in my eyes,and didn't think i could do it another day...i got a phone # from my therapist for a guy who has been in AA for years,and he told my therapist he'd love to talk with me..so i called him yesterday morning from work,and told him how i was feeling...he told me,"you have to do two things"..#1..get on your knees and ask for strength.....#2...get to a meeting....he told me he'd go with me,but he had a dinner meeting with a client.(i didn't want to go to a meeting anyway).....he said he'd call me back on my lunch hour,and he did.....and he told me he changed his dinner plans,so he could meet with me for coffee and go to a meeting with me....that was so nice....a stranger came through for me when my,"friends and family" are nowhere to be found....we went to the meeting....and for the first time i said to myself and to a room full of strangers...."my name is carol and i am an alcoholic"....it was a big step for me......and,for the love of a stranger,i made it through day #31 sober.....if he hadn't changed his plans for me,i know i would've crawled inside a bottle last night.....i am so glad i got the strength from somewhere/someone to give him a call and ask for help.....so for all you,"newerbees"....one day at a time...one hour at a time....we're all in this together......and i need all of your help.....
Old 11-17-2006, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by karrotop
good morning...as i said,i was feeling all those,"i need a drink feelings" on day #30...hopeless,alone,depressed,and discouraged....woke up yesterday with tears in my eyes,and didn't think i could do it another day...i got a phone # from my therapist for a guy who has been in AA for years,and he told my therapist he'd love to talk with me..so i called him yesterday morning from work,and told him how i was feeling...he told me,"you have to do two things"..#1..get on your knees and ask for strength.....#2...get to a meeting....he told me he'd go with me,but he had a dinner meeting with a client.(i didn't want to go to a meeting anyway).....he said he'd call me back on my lunch hour,and he did.....and he told me he changed his dinner plans,so he could meet with me for coffee and go to a meeting with me....that was so nice....a stranger came through for me when my,"friends and family" are nowhere to be found....we went to the meeting....and for the first time i said to myself and to a room full of strangers...."my name is carol and i am an alcoholic"....it was a big step for me......and,for the love of a stranger,i made it through day #31 sober.....if he hadn't changed his plans for me,i know i would've crawled inside a bottle last night.....i am so glad i got the strength from somewhere/someone to give him a call and ask for help.....so for all you,"newerbees"....one day at a time...one hour at a time....we're all in this together......and i need all of your help.....
Dude I will help you help me. Solid read and I am a newerbee.

I'm terrible at asking for help but if people talk to me I feel so much better. PM if anyone wants to talk on the phone. Talking here is fine as well. Anything is cool.

That was pretty strong of you, btw. Congratz dude. Keep it up.
Old 11-17-2006, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

yep, its realy amazing what the we, in we can do for another in recovery...

hang in you two...
the work that goes in to the beginning of your recovery, pays off in ways that can and will blow your minds...

reach out, give back, and become all you can be...

good wishes... xxoo, pattee
Old 11-17-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rinnie's Grandpa

Originally Posted by karrotop
Good morning Carol...

Our "Higher Power" works in mysterious ways...

Congrats on staying sober...

Have a GREAT sober weekend...

One day at a time.

Steve

Old 11-17-2006, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Have you noticed that you are making positive changes/choices these days??