Notices

Imma NEWBIE!!!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Imma NEWBIE!!!

Yesss thats riiiiight! Im a newbie to this site, and a relativly newbie to recovery. I've been clean for two and a half weeks... would be a month but I had a relapse. However I plan on not going back out again. I was, and am having some trouble with "friends" They are still using, and would call me and ask for help. Of course I would lend my ear and heart... tell them to hit a meeting with me and then towards the end of the conversation or the next time we talk, they ask me if I need anything. WHY DO THEY STILL ASK? My mind starts screamin YEAH! And it gets me thinking... but I know that I no longer want that life. So I changed my phone number... not because I dont WANT to talk to them, but because it is better for me when all they do is trigger my want to use. I hope one day they will see the light. That's enough for now... but there is still more to come so get used to my name So drop me a line... Stef
Old 11-15-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HUGE step in changing your number!

You have a sponsor?
Old 11-15-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Sounds like a smart move, Blondebombers.

What are you doing to keep busy and have a social life without your old friends?
Old 11-16-2006, 12:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to SR. Have a look around and get comfy here.
Old 11-18-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey guys thanks for replying to me! Yeah... it was a big step to change my number and delete all those numbers. I do not currently have a sponser, because I am moving from Michigan to Tennessee in three weeks. However my boyfriends brother has been playing a major role in my recovery. He is working on 18 months... and checks with me everyday to see how im doing. My social life.... is going okay. I just miss the people my friends that use used to be... Like i cant even talk to my best friend from the past 9 years because she is always wanting me to hook herr up and since i dont... shes really stopped talking to me. She was my sister, you know? It just really sucks that all these people pretended like they had my back too... and now that I am in recovery they could care less, except to call me to try and get high.... ::sigh:: But my other relationships seem to be getting stronger and I thank god that i dont have the burden of using to go to work on my head everyday. So life is getting much better! Talk to you soon Stef
Old 11-18-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hiyas Blonde and welcome to SR!!!
WTG on your recovery time!!! So your off to Tenn. Huh? beautiful country there!!! Much better winters then where you are now too LOL. I know because I have relatives in the IrishHills (Brooklyn) Winters are HORRID!!! Anyhoo, a big welcome to you! Btw, are you watching the BIG game today? GO BUCKS!! (Teehee, yup Im in Ohio)
Liss
Old 11-18-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done! I think you're so brave... you've definately made the step in the right direction. We are all here to support one another so whenever you need to talk just log in... it REALLY helps.
I also feel like I lost all my friends, but you'll see, slowly as the you get through each day and you change your thoughts you'll start making friends with people who have interests in other things besides drugs/alcohol.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Lollipop... yeah the winters in Michigan are horrible.... i cant wait to move to Tenn. My boyfriend lives there, we have been together for 4 years.... we were addicted to drugs together. He got clean and moved down there b/c his dad is there and started his own business in auto restoration and Nick (bf) has followed in his dad's footsteps and has been painting and doing body work on cars since he was 13! Hes doing really good there too, im so proud of him. And no im not watching the game... i should be, but Michigan will prolly beat your butt LOL im just kidding I dont think I have watched a college football game once this season :p Thanks for the reply tho!

Weez~ thanks for your reply too. I know I will find more friends I just need to give it time.... I have a few that are clean that I talk to and we are getting closer so things seem to be going good in that section. But the old friends I still have a place for in my heart, you know? And they have gotten ahold of me on my house phone.... I didnt want to answer but I am a softie. One of them was telling me about this horrid night she had and was feeding me (again) what i wanted to hear by telling me that she wanted help... and when i call back and leave a message i havnt gotten a returned call or anything back.... because shes high... But you cant help some one who doesnt want help.... even lying help LOL. I really need to just cut them offf completly you know? Hope to hear from you soon.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

GO BUCKS!!!!!!

Heee Heeee
Its a great game so far.......

Liss
Old 11-18-2006, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

AHHH!!! Ohio won! We tried to come back but it did not work. Congrats to your team. Mannnn Its saturday and i am at home, alone.... soooo bored. Thank the lord for the internet!