Notices

day 7

Old 11-14-2006, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

day 7

today is day 7 no booze and the first weekend i havent drunk in God knows how long so a milestone to say the least.... went to 4th AA meeting in 6 days last night and really enjoyed it... continueing to meet some really good people and learning that people from all sections of life r there too....

I am taking it one day at a time and that seems to make it a hell of alot easier.

I want to encourage anyone THINKING about going to AA to give it a go it is surprisingly refreshing and Inspirational to hear the stories of people just like me..
And it gives you the courage to walk away from the booze... being around others taht understand this desease is very helpful you know what they say is from their own experience not someone who thinks they know what being an alky's like and ramming their opinions down your throut when they have no idea at all......

Thanks for the replies and keep smiling through the haze....

Mack (from downunder)
Old 11-14-2006, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations on day 7 and making it through your first weekend sober! I'm on day 3 and I feel pretty good about not having picked up...
Old 11-14-2006, 04:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

onward!!
Old 11-14-2006, 05:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Make The Most of 2nd Chances

Thumbs up

Great job to both of you. I am on about 7 weeks total now, having slipped up on my second week once. The first week was easy after the tremors, headaches, stomach upset, bad dreams and an assortment of other things finally subsided. I was feeling pretty cocky, like this isn't too bad then I screwed up on the second week. Today makes 4 weeks of absolute sobriety and I am feeling good. I encourage both of you to stay at it and keep attending whatever AA meetings you're going to. Support is critical here early, as I have learned. Come back and post often, there's plenty of that support stuff here! Keep on keeping on!!!!!! ~the Jooser