Notices

oh why??

Old 11-11-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

oh why??

hi i posted a couple of weeks ago...i was determined my children would not see their mum like this but i lasted 5 days im now 6 days into drinking again and my hubby never came home from work today...hes 8 hours late .......he will have gone to his mums and hes not perfect we have problems anyway regardless off my drinking but its definatly not helping and giving him an excuse to behave like a complete t**t i just wish i was stronger.....i always thot i was a strong woman but im actually not......i tell myself you are a mum you need to be strong rely on yourself and no-one else and look after those babies regardless, i dont want them 2 have a drunk 4 a mum but i just feel so helpless most of the time.....things that other people take for granted are impossible for us....both my parents are drunks and im not making excuses but i just have no support at all from anyone......i feel so sorry for my babies they are fu***d before they even start.....even if i can be the mum i want to be, they wont have anyone else ...it really hurts me when i see my friends and thier familys together, its a social thing you know 'not coming out this weekend cos janes mum and sister are down not seen them 4 ages and were going for a meal' we dont have that......its not fair it makes me feel awful but its life and i wish i was a different stronger person that just got on with it and made the best of what i have(beautiful kids) instead of hiding in a bottle of wine.........i dont know what im going to do.......i love my babies i wish i was a bigger person
Old 11-11-2006, 08:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Sorry things are tough for you, emz282. You can make your life better. Quitting can be hard sometimes. But you have to make that decision yourself. You have to quit for yourself and nobody else. It's hard though if you have no support from your family members, but that CAN change.

Have you thought about going to some AA meetings?

Old 11-11-2006, 09:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks i have thot about aa but i have kids and who would look after them? im in a mess i know!!
Old 11-11-2006, 09:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Emz,

I didn't have any support either when I stopped drinking. My husband and kids didn't drink, but they had lost faith in me by the time I gave it up. So, I was on my own. I did it for myself. And, I did it for my family. You can do this too. Of course, you can't control whether or not your kids will have a Dad around, but you can control that they will have a good Mum.

Stick around and keep posting.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

maybe get a # for a sponsor, call the aa line explain your situation you might be able to get a sponsor's # and then take it from there
Old 11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

HI!! Sorry you are feeling so low. I just wanted to tell you that my only positive influence growing up was my mom. My dad is an alcoholic and wasn't there both emotially and physically. My mom went through really rough times too. I just want you to know that you can make a BIG DIFFERENCE IN THEIR LIVES. You are strong and you do care or else you wouldn't be writing.
One day your kids will have spouses and you will have a bigger family. What you need to do is stay healthy.
Dust yourself off, stand with your head up high and tell your kids how much you love them when you are sober.
HUGS.
Joanne