A weird situation lol

Old 11-03-2006, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A weird situation lol

I have a good one for ya. My AH is jealous of me having Lupus, if you can beleive this one. He saw a commercial on television about PAD. They were talking about some medication for it. He said, "Hmmmm, I think that I need that medication". I spoke up and said, "Oh my God". He got ticked big time and said, "Well, you have an illness, can't I have one too?" I mean he was really pissed big time at me lol. I said, "You do have an illness and it is called Alcoholism!" He yelled that he is not an Alcoholic and then went and got a beer! He would not talk to me the rest of the night. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

Kathleen
Old 11-03-2006, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
been searching for the dream

Yes. I see how it was funny but it is really not funny. Lupus is serious and I am glad that you are thinking about how to get help for it. I think it is sad though that he had to get angry over it. You need to take care of yourself. Engaging him will only make it worse. When he sees you taking care of yourself he will need to decide for himself how to care properly. you get some good health providers and get the help you need. He will have to make his own decisions.
Old 11-03-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I have lupus too...I would gladly give it to your A or mine.....
Old 11-03-2006, 11:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Naw it really wasn't funny, but shoot. I did not know what else to say. I mean it kind of made me mad that he would get jealous like that. I think that Lupus is very serious and I am on some serious medication for sure. I am trying my best to keep my Lupus under control and it is hard with an AH.

How long have you had Lupus Hermit? I am 47 and have had SLE for most of my life.I would love to give this disease to the A's too. It would probably kill them. Oh well.

I have learned to ignore him for the most part and do what I want to. I go where I want to and leave him to himself. I told him that he was free to leave if he wanted to, but that I will not cowtow to him in anyway and I will not cover for him in anyway. I guess this is the only way that I can deal with it. I sure can't make him quit drinking, but I don't have to go out in public with him either and except his crap. Maybe when he sees that he is truly alone, he will see the light. I don't know what else to say.

Kathleen
Old 11-03-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Kathleen, I have had Lupus for 16yrs. I am 36. I first found out that I had it after I had my Daughter. It was a very long and hard thing to getthe diagnosis. it took over 2yrs to get the right one. I go in and out of remission, my biggest problem is the fatigue and when dealing with a Ah it is even worse. I have noticed that now that he is gone I'm doing better. Lupus activty is very hormonal so the less stress the better, at least for me. I hate all the Meds but I take them just so I can move, i alos have kidney problems, and other things as well. I live one day at a time. Do what i can and try not to beat myself up if my body just can't go any more.
(but really your A can have mine!)
How about you?
Old 11-03-2006, 01:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Smiley58
I have a good one for ya. My AH is jealous of me having Lupus, if you can beleive this one. He saw a commercial on television about PAD. They were talking about some medication for it. He said, "Hmmmm, I think that I need that medication". I spoke up and said, "Oh my God". He got ticked big time and said, "Well, you have an illness, can't I have one too?" I mean he was really pissed big time at me lol. I said, "You do have an illness and it is called Alcoholism!" He yelled that he is not an Alcoholic and then went and got a beer! He would not talk to me the rest of the night. Has this ever happened to anybody else?

Kathleen

Yes..my AH said I made-up our then 17yr old son's heart problem and his need for surgery because I WANTED ALL THE ATTENTION!!! (what attention??!!!) and that I paid too much attention to our kids when they were sick (and in the hospital!!). That is just very sad. It really is "all about them" in their own little world,isn't it?!

Oh,yes.he was upset with me when I was on bedrest and had surgery while pregnant with our daugther,too...attention again, I guess. I think really what he meant to say or should have is that it is attention HE is/was not getting so THAT is the problem....