Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Alcoholics
Reload this Page >

Thankful for today, don't miss yesterday. Let me come home I'll change

Old 11-03-2006, 08:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Notice it's not, I am making changes so that someday I may be able to come home. Once again he's back, panic has set in, he's made a mess and wants me to clean it up. I am seeing things so clear now. It's amazing to me that last year at this time I fell for it. I believed that his love for me and my daughter and his desire to make our life work were his reasons for crying and begging for another chance.
He is grasping so desperately, I am so thankful that I can see it for what it is now. Nothing more than thinking of himself, not wanting to deal. Hoping I will fix everything he has screwed up. Not this time. Where's that damn paperwork?
Last night while he was asking me...Don't you miss me? Aren't we worth another chance? I relaized that I would rather be shaving my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tin foil than have this conversation with him one more time.
I was so far removed from that woman that believed him. Thank you, to everyone here and to anyone that's looking out for me from somewhere else. Be it a higher power or my dad. I am so thankful today that I am not me from yesterday.

Last edited by marriedithink; 11-03-2006 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Title Change
Old 11-03-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read your post title and laughed, I'm sorry. A very good reply popped into my mind. "Let me come home...I'll change". I was thinking a good reply would be, "OK, great, but don't worry about changing, you won't stay long because the person who needed to change was me, and I have. The sentimental memories will quickly fade, I promise, You won't like the changes!"
Old 11-03-2006, 09:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I relaized that I would rather be shaving my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tin foil than have this conversation with him one more time.
OMG that hurt just reading it...... OUCH

That is SO wonderful to read... Thank you so much for sharing.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"Last night while he was asking me...Don't you miss me? Aren't we worth another chance? I relaized that I would rather be shaving my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tin foil than have this conversation with him one more time".

Oh, my goodness, this is hilarious!! I feel exactly the same way--one more conversation about the same s___ and I will throw up! I like the comical twist you put on it.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't you miss me? Aren't we worth another chance?

That reminds me of when my AXBF called me during one of our off-again phases (when he was living with another woman) and asked me, "Do you miss me? Do you think I'm handsome? Do you think I'm sexy?"

When I asked him incredulously why he was asking me those things, he said, "Because I'm insecure." NOT that I'm taking his inventory (lol!) but how bizarre to call an ex-gf, when you're living with someone else, fishing for affirmations. IT'S ALL ABOUT HIM. They must have had an argument or something. What would have been normal would be to call me and tell ME those things, if anything. Wow, that was so unattractively needy and annoyingly self-centered of him, he just never ceased to amaze me with his bizarre behavior!!
Old 11-03-2006, 01:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

one time i had to buy my xah a birthday card after a particularly nasty evening the night before. i searched and searched, but all the cards were way too nice for him. so i came home and made one out of index cards. when i gave it to him, he screamed....YOU WOULDN'T EVEN BUY ME A BIRTHDAY CARD??????

i said....well, i tried, but i couldn't find one that said "F### YOU!!!"

then, i left for the night. cuz i was smarter than to stay.

jeri
Old 11-03-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

I relaized that I would rather be shaving my head with a cheese grater while chewing on tin foil than have this conversation with him one more time.

This has got to be the quote of the decade!

Your terrific!
Old 11-03-2006, 08:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Embraced, your homemade card made me laugh so hard!! Thanks!!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You're funny. I laughed..cheese grater, I can picture it now. thanks
Old 11-04-2006, 03:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's high time that someone created specialty cards for these "special" occassions. I can only imagine the hilarious verses we'd compose.
Old 11-05-2006, 07:12 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by embraced2000

i said....well, i tried, but i couldn't find one that said "F### YOU!!!"

jeri
I once bought a generic that only said Happy Birthday and wrote in A**hole. Not nice I know but I'm much better now.

Last edited by DesertEyes; 11-05-2006 at 10:26 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote
Old 11-05-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

lol marriedithink!!!!

like stephen king had a character say in his novel deloris claiborne....."sometimes being a bit*h is all we have left"

remind me one day to tell you the christmas roast story. unbelievable, but hilariously, sickly, funny.

i'm trying to be much better now...somedays it's really hard work, ya know???

jeri
Old 11-06-2006, 06:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh I know.....It was pretty regular struggle for me. It doesn't seem quite as bad when there's humor attached though.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

On my 45th birthday, I drove my A boyfriend to a local motel, told him to check in, and drove away, all the while singing, "happy birthday to me!"
Old 11-06-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ROFLMAO.....

OMG F_O_B ... now that is classic.