Notices

Confused.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Confused.

Hi everybody i,m still hangin in there 22 months and counting.My wife and her kids came back about a month ago finaly and i thought things were going good and sure i had my doubts about us making it and its been hard at time.So anyway yesterday my wife was sitting on the couch and she looked depressed so i asked her if she was happy here livinf with me and she said no not really,kind of shocked me and made me depressed for the rest of the evening and i thought for a while wow we have really how do you say it go are own ways.So i said when and if she wants to move on i will help her find a place and help with the money thing for a while.But no way in HELL am i going back drinking i love the way i feel now and i told her that.We have only been back together for two months so who knows what will happen.Thanks for letting me vent........
Old 11-01-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sucks, I'm so sorry. Don't drink and go to meetings. I'll pray for you.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Dave

Good news and bad news and then some better news.*LOL*

Good news..us guys forgive and forget in a few moments or days.
Bad news... Well maybe not bad...different... Women are different then us guys. It takes them a little longer to reach the point of forgive and forget then us guys.
Better news... keep working your recovery and as you seek to make amends with her..when she reaches that point of forgiving and forgetting...Wow!

Keys I have found that worked for me...
My amends are to remove my selfish nature and daily strive to win back the trust I gave away by my actions of the past.
Both of these amends I have accepted as being a life long amend...not just a 2-3 month deal. I have reached a point of gaining back 99% of the trust but I want that other 1% and if it takes me another 20 years to get it...I am accepting of that challenge.

Keep working on your recovery and things will happen for you and the relationship. My joy of the day is seeing my wife smile. A happy wife Does equal a happy life.
Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Also, you may try to get into marriage counseling.....being the wife of an addict, myself, I know that once my husband gets him some clean time under his belt, in order for our marriage to be even 95% again, I believe we will have to attend some marriage counseling and address some matters.

It would make a world of difference to me if my husband would be the one to schedule the marriage counseling, it would mean, to me, that he really is trying to make our marriage work and is doing all possible things to do so.

If you attend a church, normally you can schedule an appt. with your minister. I know our minister is also a licensed counselor.