Notices

Wish in one Hand...

Old 11-01-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wish in one Hand...

Oh. To begin again.
I'm sitting here wondering if I have the strength to do this again. I quit for almost a year; alcohol; and I almost lost my marriage, and my friends.
It takes alot of energy and courage to be sober, and I don't know if I can committ to it again, but if I don't, I'll lose my marriage, my kids, and my friends.
lol...
Feels kinda like I'm damned if I do, damned if I don't. And I wish I could click my heels and make it go away. Wish in one hand...**** in the other...I know.

I'm sitting here hung over, sprained arm, and bruises, wondering if I should just walk away from it all.
I'm so tired, of being tired, and of being me.

Beginnings are so hard when you're weak.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Back, Sarazen. We kept your seat warm for ya.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Sara,

Welcome to SR! You will find lots of good advice, and lots of friends here. Although I am still working on it, coming here has helped me to stay off the sauce more and more.

One thing I did in January of this year, was made a commitment not to ever drink in front of my children again. You mention your kids. Maybe this will be a place for you to start. They are worth it. Take it from a Dad that sees less than he would like to of his own, make the most of their years. (Divorce had nothing to do with alcohol, but thats a story for another place and time).

My wonderful wife is very supportive and caring, too. The fact that you still have your marriage is a good reason not to give in, and a source of hope.

Stick around, and post often. You will find no judgement here. If you dont get it right the first time, its OK, there are lots of friends and encouragement to keep trying. Every day you can stay away is a good one.

Steve
Old 11-04-2006, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Smile