Notices

3 weeks!!!

Old 10-29-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 weeks!!!

ive made it to 3 weeks without using or drinking!!!! many of you know about my addiction so i'll spare the details but just say thanks for all the help, i wouldnt be here sober today without it. i feel great!!! and im proud of myself!!! 3 weeks ago i would not of thought that i could have made it a few hours, let alone 3 weeks without using. its awesome to be sober!!!! i know ive got alot of work to do, but dont we all. ive found that recovery is an on going, life long process . one that i'll be working on for the rest of my life, but thanks to you, my friends here at SR, and ofcourse NA and AA i now know that i have a shot at life. i never have to use again. god bless and thank you for helping me stay sober again today!!!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Good Grief HP

CONGRADULATIONS ON YOUR 3 WEEKS!!! Keeping doing what’s in front of you, your life only gets better.

The below passage out of the Big Book has helped me many times. It’s from page 317 “My Chance to Live”

-Coach-

“If asked what the two most important things in recovery are, I would have to say willingness and action. Was willing to believe that A.A was telling me the truth. I wanted to believe it was true in a way I cannot relate in words. I wanted this thing to work. Then I began to take the course of action prescribed.

Following the principles laid out in the Big Book has not always been comfortable, nor will I claim perfection. I have yet to find a place in the Big Book that says, now you have completed the steps; have a nice life. The program is a plan for a lifetime of daily living. There have been occasions when the temptation to slack off has won. I view each of these as learning opportunities.

When I am willing to do the right thing, I am rewarded with an inner peace no amount of liquor could ever provide. When I am unwilling to do the right thing, I become restless, irritable, and discontent. It is always my choice. Through the Twelve Steps, I have been granted the gift of choice. I am no longer at the mercy of a disease that tells me the only answer it so drink. If willingness is the key to unlock the gates of hell, it is action that opens those doors do that we may walk freely among the living”.
Old 10-29-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks coach, i like that. i can really relate to it. especially the part about being restless, irratable, and discontent.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Great news splithead. I know all about the restlessness and irritability myself.
Old 10-29-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Awesome!!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you are very proud of your accomplishment!
Old 10-29-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OMG

3 WEEKS

21 DAYS

THAT IS HUGE

KEEP ON

KEEPING ON

JUST FOR TODAY
Old 10-29-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

3 weeks is HUGE. i remember when i entered my recovery house out of detox the first guy i met in the house had 14 days and i thought that was an enternity. i actually saw that guy today when i went back to my recovery house for the first time since i moved out a month ago. he now is coming up on 10 months!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Smile

Old 11-04-2006, 06:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wolfy your a metallica fan!!! cool!!! its been 4 weeks now!!!
Old 11-04-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! 4 weeks is great!! Go get your 30 day medallion!