What the.......

Old 10-28-2006, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

What the.......

What the? Got up this morning and cheked my emails, lo and behold there is one from my exA! 2 months no word, (hx-told him it was done! abuse/alcohol. He moved out, actually rather smoothly)
Time 11:30pm- 'wanna have dinner tomorrow. would like to see the boys(our dogs) and you (and a very crude/gross sexual attatchment, which only disgusted me-plus he has been impotent for years! r/t alcohol and his back injury)
So, it's been long enuf now he is lonely? and got drunk and sent this?
I sent no reply. I don't want to even open that story again. I have to admit it kinda gave me several thoughts when I saw it.....but, trying to keep myself focused, and I truly believe coming here has helped me SOOOO much, I am very appreciative of this site and the people here sharing.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

My exp has been they want to make contact because they love us but have no earthly idea of how to do it appropriately.

Calling up and simply saying how they feel is just not a possiblity.

Good for you to detach from it. Its nothing at all about you. only him.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, mazey.

I completely agree with Friend of Bill. My ex has pulled all sorts of tricks out of his hat the last few months to get me to reengage-- checked himself into detox for 10 days, pretended he needed surgery and was scared, etc. Til he stopped bothering with that approach and then left the drunken "I can't believe you didn't call me for my birthday!!!" message. They just don't know how to handle things I think, so they're drowning in a sea of chaos and flailing about looking for something to grab onto that will work.

I'm impressed with how well you're handling the setback. Good for you for keeping your composure and perspective. (hugs)
Old 10-28-2006, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

I REALLLLY want to email back.....'is this the crudest thing you could send? How heartwarming!' I know 'no reaction is the best reaction' though. BUT, I want him to know I think that was so disgusting. I have a feeling, he was so drunk he didn't realize it was attatched. He has a couple buddies who send that crap, and he would not like it. He wasn't into that stuff and I think he would be mortified he sent it to me! My girlfriend says, and truly, he may not even remember he emailed me anything!!
Old 10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay the course Mazey........
Old 10-29-2006, 06:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'd resist the temptation to email back. What real point is there to it?
Old 10-29-2006, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Your right....I need to stay focused.
So, I just wanted to let him know how stupid and disgusting it was. If he wanted to see the "boys", not a good way to greet me! Ignore? I know.....
BUT?