Notices

New member to this site

Old 10-26-2006, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New member to this site

Hello: I just signed up at this site and would like to say hello to everyone and I am anxious to find out all that I can on this subject. I am here because I have an adult son who an alcoholic/user and I need to understand him. We have had good times and bad times and right now, we are in a bad time and I am desperate to talk to someone who really knows what I am going through. I love him so much and want to help him but I no longer no how. I am trying to get into chat but a message keeps popping up saying my password is invalid. Isn't my password the same as the one I used to get here? I am anxious to talk to others in my situation. Thank you and I hope to spend lots of time at this site, learning all that I can.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Welcome to SR. I don't use the chat here so I can't tell you how to fix the problem. Hopefully someone will come along to help you.

You may find these forums helpful. They are for family and friends of alcoholics/addicts. There are many great people there that have children who are in active addiction, as well as family of those in recovery. Come on down and join us!

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/family-friends/
Old 10-26-2006, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

Please follow Alera's advice to go to the Family and Friends forum.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard!

The password for the chat area is different. You would need to set up a separate password for it.

Old 10-26-2006, 06:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome to sr. youve come to the right place.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

She2andme,

I am the alcoholic son of two loving parents. They really didn't do anything to deserve the grief I have caused them. They are working with me to help me get my life together. It took a long time for me to realize thay behind their critical nature was a true love for me. I hope your son soon realizes sooner than later that he has a loving parent as well.

Cubbie