Notices

Newcomer

Old 10-25-2006, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newcomer

Hi, I'm Amelia--just found this site yesterday and found it very encouraging. I haven't drunk alcohol in 2 wks now--I'm glad that I'm not drinkg so far. I feel good except that
my face is horribly broken out---does anyone know if this is normal after stopping drinking? I've been drinking a lot
of water, and it may be getting a little better, but still looks awful
Old 10-25-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Amelia,

Welcome and I'm glad you found us.

Congratulations on two weeks sober! That is great.

I don't know about your face breaking out, but I do know that our bodies go through a lot of changes when we stop drinking as they try to readjust and get back to normal. I would suggest continuing to drink lots of water and eat well and maybe try a multi-vitamin if you're not taking one. If it continues, it's probably a good idea to see your dr.
Old 10-25-2006, 07:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not sure if there is a connection between the two ??? but like Anna said lots of water and maybe a one-a -day vitamin.... I use those acne masks, love em....they work good too ...and congrats on 2 weeks , that is fantastic....

~B
Old 10-25-2006, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome to SoberRecovery, Amelia2! Like Anna says, your body is trying to normalize without the alcohol. It'll take a little while, but listen to your body.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi amelia2 and welcome to SR!

This is a great site! You will find lots of support here! CONGRATULATIONS on 2 wks! Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Alissa
Old 10-25-2006, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks to all of you for the response--I wish I had found this site a long time ago---I just cant take the alcohol anymore--and I know my body cant take it---
Old 10-25-2006, 12:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Hang in there amelia2! All any of us have is today--when you really think about it. So, just keep on keeping on! If you get a few scrapes along the way (so what) just keep going. As long as you have the determination to keep trying (no matter what) that makes all the difference. I have 33 days today--but have been around alcohol related programs for a few years. I only thought I learned enough about the disease so that "that won't happen to me again" or "you don't understand what I'm going through" to "if you had my problems, you would drink to". Believe me, I've said them all plus many more reasons to extend my drinking career. I was in denial and lying to everyone else (including myself)>so don't give up! If you are breathing right now--you have a chance.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome! My guess would be that the breakouts are the result of your body trying to rid itself of toxins. Congrats on 2 weeks sober! It is not easy but it is SO worth it!

Hope to see you post lots more!

Big hugs,
Kellye
Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

... Well Done on your sober time!

why not check with a doctor?
It would ease your mind I think.

Welcome to SR!
Old 10-25-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I know that following a night of binge drinking I would break out big time for the following few days. Take good care and this site is really supportive. Keep coming.
Joanne
Old 10-25-2006, 06:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hi and welcome, i'm guessing all the bad toxins coming out of your body, it'll clear up and you'll be glowing
Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Yea it's probably from stress of not drinking and having to deal with the reality that all we have to look forward to the rest of our lives is soberness unless we all of course are functional alcoholics and drug addicts.