Notices

Using dreams

Old 10-22-2006, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

Using dreams

ive had probably 10 using dreams since i got sober (it will be 9 months this thursday). initially i had about 1 a month for the first 7 months, then like the past 2 months ive probably had 3. they are extremely realistic and vivid and leave me shook for an hour or so. they've really spanned the gamet. the last one featured me relapsing on weed with an ex GF. i had one where i went to the ghetto and the drug dealers with up in tree's throwing it down to customers!

on october 1st i moved out from my recovery house to an apartment on my own and i think that increased my anxiety. maybe it shows that im still scared to death about relapsing. all i have in life is my sobriety date, its the most important thing in my life and my biggest accomplishments ever in life are based on recovery (completing a legit 90/90, taking a complete moral inventory of myself, being accountable with service commitments, etc)....

anyone else ever have using dreams??
Old 10-22-2006, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

It sounds as tho you have a solid base for your
continuing recovery! Wow! Congratulations!

I too had dreams that I was again drinking
and they are scary.
The longer I have been soberthe less they pop up.
I have 1 or 2 a year now. Stress is a factor each time.

Blessings..
Old 10-23-2006, 08:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Congrats on your clean time, Chicago!

I think using/drinking dreams are just something we learn to expect, and eventually get used to. I still have one occasionally...and, I have many years of sobriety.

There's no use in analyzing them...just be grateful it's only a dream...it's pretty tough to try to control the subconscious. As long as you're doing what you're supposed to when you're wide awake, I wouldn't worry about it!
Old 10-23-2006, 08:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have had these dreams occasionally and they are so real! Wake up thinking what did I just do. Funny thing is I've been doing a low carb diet and the last using dream I had I was eating spaghetti AND drinking wine! LOL

Keep up the great work!
Old 10-23-2006, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Using dreams can be so realisic, n vivid,...! WTG on yur clean time ,..xXx...!

I used to get them alot,...Ive not had one for a long time now,...but i rember being at some sqaut rave, wandering around, stubbeling around,...and just falling into people n not caring,...the scaryist thing is that that used to be real,..!

I think as if your doing something for a long time and your mind is consumed by those thoughts for so long,....Its hard enough to shake them out of the consiuos mind, let alone the Unconsiuos,... ...!

They do go...in time...