Notices

Bladder Problem?

Old 10-18-2006, 03:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bladder Problem?

When I was using drugs/alcohol I never had any bladder problems. But now... and this happened probabbly 10 months after being sober it's really hard for me to "pee" in the sense that I have to concentrate a great deal. If there is too much noise around me I can't, there have been times that people are just talking outside the bathroom and I haven't been able to pee.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think you should talk to your doctor about it and see what he says.
Joanne
Old 10-18-2006, 11:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh yes, I have heard of this before. It's actually not that uncommon. I don't know what the solution is, though. Better ask your doctor.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You should definitely see a doctor. Could it be a "shy bladder"? That can be caused by very mild anxiety.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jack

If you are a man have your doc check for an enlarged prostate. I have one and I have the same problems urinating. Good luck.
God bless
Old 10-19-2006, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Indigo, here's a question for you...is this a problem for you when you're alone or is it just when there are others nearby? If there is no problem when you're alone, it's probably bashful kidney or whatever they call it. If you are having problems like this even when there is nobody around to interrupt you, seeing a doc would probably be a good idea just to rule out prostate problems. You're still pretty young, so it's hopefully just the peeing anxiety thingy.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It happens even when I'm alone. I have to concentrate a great deal to be able to pee. It's even worse when there are people around. I'll definitely see a Dr. ASAP, I just hope it's not a prostate problem, I'm only 21 and male.

They don't have to stick the finger anymore to check your prostate right? You can have a blood test to determine this.

Anxiety? I have my anxiety controlled with 40mg of Prozac... I'd hope it'd be Anxiety vs. Prostate.

What can cause a prostate enlargement? What's the treatment? How bad is it? Does it affect your sexual life or having kids?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

IndigoNA,

I really urge you to go to your dr. It could turn out to be nothing at all serious, and you are causing yourself so much upset.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

HAHAHAHA... OK thanks, will do it ASAP...

Probabbly Monday.

You have to remember that I'm obssesive/compulsive like most of the people from this forum. I studied today for around 9 hrs for one test (13 essays questions)... wayyyyyy too much! Please pray for me so I do well.

Thanks!