Notices

New here and grateful

Old 10-18-2006, 02:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here and grateful

Hi, I'm Sarah. I am new to this site. I have 7 months clean as of this week. I am on Suboxone (though almost done with it!), and am working the 12 steps, have meeting commitments, a sponsor, and love the program. I'm doing pretty well, though I still have pretty bad cravings from time to time. I just hang in and pray, and go to more meetings when that happens. And oh yeah, call my sponsor - even though i'd always been a big fan of the Dorothy Parker quote, 'Hell is other people'. That's going away slowly but surely too.

The NA program and recovery I got from it saved my life. I'm a definite Big Book Thumper. I used to think there was no power greater than speedballs - now I have a Higher Power, the program, my recovery friends, and serenity. Sobriety is amazing, and I went from the most sarcastic, non-believing, all-black-wearing, snarly little punk rock junkie to basically a big happy pro-recovery foamer. Recovery ROCKS! Thanks for this site! - Sarah
Old 10-18-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Sarah,

I'm new here too...CONGRATS on your seven months! That's wonderful, love ~ you're already an inspiration to me.

Your post made me smile...I love the enthusiasm you have for your recovery. Warms my heart. Great job!! Keep it up.

I look forward to reading more of your posts, and getting to know you better. A very warm welcome to SR.

Hazel.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hiyas Sarah!!! Welcome to SR and MAJOR BIG KUDOS! on your sober time!!!!! Stick around, keep posting etc..... this place has saved my life (literally) The support is awesome!!!!

Liss
Old 10-18-2006, 03:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sarah,
Welcome!!!

I love your screen name.

Hope to get to know you here.