Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Notices

Hands Across Time Zones: Part 4 - The sun is always rising somewhere in the world.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Hi, HATZ'ers! On the advice of luckyv2...since we are approaching 500 posts, would you believe...\

Here is Part 3:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ere-world.html

This is "Mummy Rae", starting anew with HATZ Number Four!

We are such a prolific group, bless us.

Last edited by Anna; 10-18-2006 at 09:52 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to HATZ Land...

Hope no one gets lost on the way...

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi
Old 10-18-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No-one better to start us back up but you! Thanks Rae!
Old 10-18-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Etimee
No-one better to start us back up but you! Thanks Rae!
I would have to agree with this for sure. Thanks Rae for all that you give to SR and the recovery community!

Love Vic

Here is the Part 3

Old 10-18-2006, 07:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Aw, shucks!
Old 10-18-2006, 08:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Part One

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ime-zones.html

Part Two

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...time+zone+part

Part Three

Part Four

Old 10-18-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Can I just say that this thread (part 3 and onto part 4) has given me the BIGGEST SMILE this morning?

I love you guys!

(((Rae))), I hope you do move closer to your sister. I don't know your whole situation, but it seems like it would be a good thing. And I'm sorry stuff went south with your son again.

Max & Dreamz, the ME ME ME thing sounds like Beaker from the Muppet Show!

Guess what--it FINALLY snowed here! Here's what it looks like this morning:

Old 10-18-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

OK, I got photo-happy on another thread but now I want to show my HATZ family my fur-kids.

Here's our beagle in the snow this morning. His nickname is "Meatloaf." He has a serious food obsession.

And here's my dear 'senior citizen' greyhound. He's such a big cuddly baby--the best Mother's Day gift hubby & kids ever gave me.

Well, that should (maybe) get the picture-posting out of my system for today. I'm just feeling incredibly blessed this morning.

I hope you all have a good one!
Jane
Old 10-18-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Grateful Member!

Awww Jane, such sweet puppy dogs! Finally snowed!?! Jane it is only October... please no snow in NJ until December, please! I still have summer clean up going on and on and on and... you get the picture.

I too am feeling very blessed this fine day. A romp at the gym and an hour or so to myself. Ahhh.

(((Rae))) Try to relax today. God is good. Everything is going to come together and just a reminder, Frank and I will get you to where you need to go. Much strength, love and prayers are being sent your way.

To all you beautiful HATZers, you are wonderful, special people. Warm fuzzy hugs, love and prayers for you all.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I found you! Having a good day. Kids are calm and hub is gone.
Old 10-18-2006, 11:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad I came on here...I smiled the whole time. Thanks you guys, I needed that!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:16 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

As curious as I am, I just had to go back and check out 1 & 2! WOW! No. 1 was started on 1/10/06 and went to 992 posts; No. 2 went to 92; and, of course No. 3 just ended at 501. That's a powerful lot of talkin', y'all!

Jane...your Meatloaf sounds like a dog after my own heart. And, of course, I totally identify with your senior citizen greyhound.

Paula...it was sooooo good to talk to you by phone today. I do appreciate your offer to help...but, please run it by Frank before we commit him to anything...he's doing so well, we wouldn't want to cause him to relapse over the thought of moving me 80 or so miles away!

I'm sure things will work out...it's just good to know you're there if I need you.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Morning all....

Just let me get settled in our new place...

Just need to splash around some colour.

Now that I've got that out of my system...I spoke to my sister this morning and she's going to live with her boyfriend when our lease runs out. I know I shouldn't be as sad as I am but...I am. My only option is to move back home with my paretns - which is 5 hours away, which means I'll never see her. I'm so sad and I can't help it. I know I could always move in with them but I really don't like him - I'm friendly enough when he's around but I can't stand him and yes it probably i cause I'm jealous.

I know I shouldn't take it personally, but how can I not - she's my sister. I fell like I'm losing my best friend - I AM losing my best friend.

Besides that - I'm ok. I saw my parents last night, they drove up for a couple of nights, and I'm seeing my friends play in their band tonight aswell.

I hope everyone has an awesome day!!!

PS....Jane - your puppies are so cute!!!
Old 10-19-2006, 07:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

that says it...

all good wishes, and give only love ..................... xxoo, pattee
Old 10-19-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Dreamz, for eight years we lived about 12 hours away from both of our families and we drove back to see them twice a year and they drove out to see us. "Never" is a very ugly word. "Difficult" would be more appropriate. I don't mean to sound scolding, but I don't want you to go on thinking that you'll never see your sister if you have to move apart. That's too painful to think about. I'm sad right along with you, but maybe something great is about to happen and you need to be separated for a bit for it to happen. Who knows?

Hey Paula, glad to hear that your still taking good care of momma rae
Old 10-19-2006, 07:31 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dreamz! I'm sorry your sister is moving out.....dangit! I wonder what other changes may be in store for you....something GOOD must be just down the road.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It's just raerob, the friendly ghost...bringing you "words of wisdom":

You cannot plough a field by
turning it over in your mind.
Author Unknown

And, Dreamz...it isn't as though you and your sis are going to be "continents apart"...as Paula says, "You're only a phone call away." My sister and I are only about 70 miles (1 1/2 hours) apart; but, because of circumstances, I've only seen her once in the past 3 years. However, we talk almost every day.

Right now, I'm trying to put those same 70 miles between me and my oldest (heroin addicted) son...so, I'll be seeing much more of my sister at the expense of detaching from him. Life goes on...whether we like it or not.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by raerob
It's just raerob, the friendly ghost...bringing you "words of wisdom":

Don't minimize yourself Rae, I used to say this is just Vic and my sponsor says that makes me sound as if I am no one. That isn't the case we are all here and we are all equal even if we don't believe that we are.

Crap this is the most I have ever posted on these threads since they began what is up with that?

Love Vic
Old 10-19-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Vic...I would say, I was just practicing a little humility...except, if you knew me personally, you'd know that couldn't be the case.

I just didn't want to "spook" anyone with my Happy Haunting...all you guys and ghouls!
Old 10-19-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Dreamz, thanks for the splash of color for our new first page! :-)

I am sad that your sister is moving out, but I am happy because I know something good is going to happen. Basically like what Jane said.

Sisters are sisters and nothing and no-one will come between your bond. It may change, but it will always remain strong. You will always have that.

Rae, thank you so much for helping to make our board festive for Halloween. I am going change the color of this font. My heart is with you in your big decision on making a move. Last thing to take and first thing to open is of course...the computer. We love you Rae!

Crap this is the most I have ever posted on these threads since they began what is up with that?
When you're in good company, you kinda just let go naturally Vic.

Pattee, We're keeping it positive with love and support. SR is such a wonderful place and a place, I have never felt such sanctuary!

Have a good day/night/morning all!