Not going to be easy.

Old 10-17-2006, 09:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Not going to be easy.

The divorce thing is not getting any easier. He still will not sign the papers. I have ask him several times to go sign them, for us to just move on, but he still will not. The crazy thing is, I honestly thought that we could go threw this and not hate each other. I don't hate him, well not yet anyway, I very much dislike him right now and that is b/c he threaten to take my kids away from me. Yeah right, he and what army!! He then said in the next breath that when I got ready to bring the kids over to spend time with him come over. I said that I was not coming and he said your there mother, you need to come take care of them. WTH?

As soon as he does sign the divorce paper there is a bind agreement that I will have custody. I will then move my daughter to the new school district and this will make life so much easier. My lawyer said that I could go ahead and move her, but he says that I can't. Don't know for sure, but I am checking with my lawyer now. Waiting on the phone call.

So now I am just waiting. My mother is so afraid I am going back to him. We are crammed into her middle bedroom. 2 toddler beds, 1 double bed and a playpen and a path to the bathroom. My daughter keeps me awake grinding her teeth, when I finally do go to sleep my 3 year old will get in my bed and take all the cover, by 3 am the baby is crying so I get him and put him in my bed to go back to sleep between 3-6 my daughter also will get into my bed and will find a spot at the end of the bed. Go back to what, I must ask, I have everything I need right there.

I am literally worn out from fighting with him. My head constantly hurts now and I have had a cold that I cannot get rid of for 3 weeks now. I am literally drained. So I have decided to just to leave it alone and I will have him served by weeks end if he does not sign and go from there. I am not talking to him anymore. I will let the lawyer do his job. I am tired of being nice.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember how worn out I got fighting during the divorce.... and I only had one child.

Maybe you should go to the doctor for that cold hon.... and I have to agree let the attorney do his job.... that is why you are paying him. Also doing it this way is actually wasting your time and giving WAY too much power to him.

ROFL you their Mother and have to take care of them during HIS visitation?????? OMG spoken like a true alcoholic. Boy is he in for a suprise.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

********{LIFEOUTTHERE}}}}}}
I hope you feel better soon, and I agree with Cynay about letting the lawyer handle it. You have enough to deal with as it is, raising three so young. I wish you all the best, and btw-those kids are very fortunate to have such a patient and loving mom as you!
Old 10-17-2006, 09:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The attorney and I thought it would be easier for him just to come to the office and sign instead of having him served, BUT he is being a jerk. The attorney said he would take it from here.

I have a dr's appt for this evening after work.

He will never use his visitation like he is suppose to. I doubt he will see them unless his mother or sister get them. I told his sister, whom I dearly love and she keeps them for me while I work that we would work out holidays if he did not want to get them so they can at least participate with there grandparents and aunts on his side of the family.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cmc
********{LIFEOUTTHERE}}}}}}
I wish you all the best, and btw-those kids are very fortunate to have such a patient and loving mom as you!

Thank You. I have patient and loving kids too.

We are basically all learning to live again. They are doing great.
Old 10-17-2006, 10:13 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have no children and it's wearing me down! I can only imagine what you're going through.

Take care of yourself, let the lawyer do his job and have fun with your kids. Hang in there, it does get better.
Old 10-17-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Might be a state thing. I never signed our papers...evidently it went through without my signature....

Custody was not an issue; our daughter was 17y and refused to live with him or have any forced visitation schedule and our son was over 18y.

Sorry you are having all this trouble....dealing with an active alcoholic and their "thinking" is enough to make you loose your own mind. (One reason I refused to sign;but that's another story)
Old 10-17-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There is no reasoning with him. I am sure that I can get a divorce, but I was hoping to do it the easy way and if I do it before the end of the year then it is even better for tax purposes. They take most of his taxes for back child support from his first marriage. It would be nice to get a tax return for me and the kids, but as you said, that's another story.