Notices

one week!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

one week!!!!!!

thanks to the help and support of those here, alot of prayer, one meeting a day, and my own desire to quit no matter how bad it got, i havent used for 7 days!!!! 8 days ago i never would have thought it was possible. i feel great and to think that if i continue to work my program, it will only get better. i was taking 30-40 painkillers a day for the last 6 years. if i can do it anyone can. thanks to all for the support. i know a week isnt long, but to me its a minor miracle. its a small step but never the less a very important one. i realize from reading here that not everyone believes in going to meetings and working the steps, but for myself its the only way and i mean the only thing that has helped me stay clean. along with the great support that i have recieved from this site, i consider this site a part of my program to stay clean, i know that i'll never have to use again. for this im very grateful. im convinced that i could not have done it on my own. believe me ive tried before and rarely made it 7 hours let alone 7 days. i know that a week is not very long but its the best start ive ever had, and i owe it all to you guys. thanks. heres to another day clean!!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Awe you have helped me more than I have helped you. Looks like those days add up ehh. Yep another day we are given isn't that wonderful. Any day clean is a day that we have won no matter what else happens

Love Vic
Old 10-15-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your week. That's terrific! Also thank you for the never-ending smile I had while reading your positive post. I needed that. Have a wonderful day!

Etimee
Old 10-15-2006, 01:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just replied on another thread of yours - but I'll congratulate you here too!!!
and don't think a week is any small feat - it's huge!
Old 10-15-2006, 02:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey and a bid congrats to you for your days sober.....I too have been off the pain pills for 4 1/2 months now.....I was taking up to 80 pills some days....It was horrible to live like that and I am thankful I am clean...keep going forward and living your life...

~B
Old 10-15-2006, 02:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

thank you smyle, that means alot to me.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Make The Most of 2nd Chances

Hey, great job! I finished my first week today too! High five and lots of hugs. Keep on stepping!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2006, 07:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

WAY TO GO JOOSER!!!!!!!!!!:beerchug:
Old 10-15-2006, 08:19 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Congrats jooser!!!
Old 10-15-2006, 08:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

On 1 Week
Old 10-15-2006, 09:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

one week is fantastic!!!!!!good job....keep it up...i began to have trouble with painkillers and this place saved me before it got bad...if i had not found sr i would still be taking vicoden everyday and escalating more and more...i couldn't stop and this place gave me the courage to admit that i had a problem before it was too late....you should be so proud of yourself....