Notices

another question!!!

Old 10-13-2006, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

another question!!!

is it a good idea for me to drink, ive never had a problem with alchohol. ive always been a social drinker, i rarely get drunk and ive never had a dui or have been in trouble with the law because of drinking. i know im a stone cold drug addict and that im powerless over hydros, oxys, or any other type of painkillers. i have plans to go to the homecoming game with some firends tomorrow and i know that there will be alchohol. what do you guys think? ive been attending my NA meetings and even an AA meeting where i admitted to being a drug addict not an alcholic. need some good advice on this one. thanks!
Old 10-13-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

all i can say is anything that alters your mind is not good!! and when you drink you make choices you might not make sober!! that's my opinion
Old 10-13-2006, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can tell you exactly what will happen...the booze will cloud your judgement and you will go back to the drugs very quickly...best to stay away friend...
Old 10-13-2006, 06:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Any mind altering chemical is a drug....my drug of choice is alcohol....but if i decided to do drugs instead, then im just trading one addiction for another.
I never got a DWI either....U will hear that not everyone ends up on skid row....some didnt lose the house, car, family....then there are those that ended up in the nut house or hospital....like me...then when it got so bad i tried to drown my pain of living with drinking and pills.

All mine altering drugs are poison to me....

Today i have a choice....to drink or not to drink...to chose sobriety or not...

16 yrs of practicing the principles of my AA program in my everyday affairs has helped me get to where i am today....
Old 10-13-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

splithead is it a good idea for me to drink,
Um would it be OK for me to have a heart attach? Really, in reality that is what you just asked. If you really look at the whole picture drugs (alcohol is a drug) isn't our problems, if you really want to find out what your problem is it might be a good idea to go look in the mirror that is why we used, it isn't because of the excuses none of us needed excuses until we got in the program that is when we started to look for excuses, oh it rained yesterday, halloween is coming up, it is Friday the 13th,

Only you can decide but I will tell you this that a drug is a drug is a drug duh

Love Vic
Old 10-13-2006, 07:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((splithead)))
Oh, I wish I could tellya its ok to have a coupla beers. Wish I COULD have a coupla... Dag. I'm an alcoholic, binged on vodka / gin. Couple beers never hurt me. But I really can't even have a 12 oz w/o falling in the gutter/hospital. Last spring, I was post-op, took narc painkillers, never an issue for me, but I was scared to death. I'd told my OS my probs so he could help me best. They worked for my pain, and I flushed them in the toidy when it was gone, so they wouldn't hurt me... If I hadn't, he'd not have been wiliing to refill, so I "COULDN'T" go down that road. Self-defense, get it? My point, from an opposing POV but similar is, I KNOW I'm an addict, my drug of choice is alcohol... but if I got the warm fuzzies from any med, I'd be vulnerable, see? If your thing is pills, and you get all warm/fuzzy on beer, you'd be vulnerable. What IF at the game, you met up with a Buddy who happened to have some of your drug of choice??? Not tryna be mean, but for real, for your daggone life, what IF??? A beer giveing you the "warm fuzzies", making you feel "its all good", could be an open vein. PLEASE DON"T do it. I really do love you as a brother, know others here do as well, and I pray for your health, only your best health.. K Please post your decision, we will look for it, and you will learn we love you regardless of your choices...
Old 10-13-2006, 07:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Bad words spewing... Friday The Thirteenth!!! Ok. My first sober scary day! Thanks. Love K
Old 10-13-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I promise i wont drink, i'll never take another drink if it means that i never have to take another pill. im not willing to take that chance, ever! infact im going to an aa meeting in the morning before i go the game. i guess im trying to rationalize using again. im an alcoholic too, aren't i? i get it. whether it be pills, or pot, or beer, or wine, or cocaine its all the same. im an addict, my name is will, and im an alcoholic, addict! and i always will be, but today, right now im a recovering alcoholic, addict and im so greatful for that. and even more greatful for the help and advice and concern you all have so freely given me. thank you all!
Old 10-13-2006, 09:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Splithead)))
YOU GET IT!!! Yee-haw! Happy Friday the 13th! Sleep with angels guarding you. K
Old 10-13-2006, 09:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

way to go! have fun and love yourself. you are worth it and you are doing the right things!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

im going to be attending an aa 12 step meeting this morning, its really my first 12 step study meeting. any advice would be great. so far ive attended 3 na discussion meetings and an aa speaker meeting. we really didnt study the 12 steps at any of those and this meeting is specifically a 12 step study meeting from what ive been told. not sure yet what the difference is, but i guess im about to find out. any advice would be great. oh and good morning everyone.
Old 10-14-2006, 07:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

hey splithead,

i'm new to sobriety but i do know that you drinking is not a good idea. as others have said, it is the mind altering affect that holds the danger for addicts. years ago a friend of mine stopped drinking and joined aa - she was telling me how she was struggling with not drinking and i stupidly asked if she would like a joint to "take the edge off". she just gave me this funny smile and explained that it didn't matter if it was booze or dope but that she was an addict and that was that. this was long before i was willing to own my own problems (although i was well aware that i'd been in trouble for a long time). wish i'd been braver sooner, but hindsight is a good vantage point i guess...
Old 10-15-2006, 12:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

In my meeting it is said that "It's not the caboose of the train that kills you, it's the engine!" And for addicts the first car of the train can be plain old booze. I'd imagine cocaine and ephedrine addicts should even avoid coffee, but I wouldn't know from experience. I just think whatever will get you buzzed might take you down memory lane about other drugs and I know the NA program locally considers alcohol a slip.
Old 10-15-2006, 08:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Good luck with your recovery!!
Always remember & never forget; even in your darkest moment, even after you know you ****ed up, even when you think it's too late and totally hopeless; you are not alone.
NOW GET YOUR ASS TO A MEETING