Notices

Am I doing something wrong?

Old 10-12-2006, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Am I doing something wrong?

Hello - Happy to have found you all. Sorry this will be kinda long.

Been married for 14 yrs, have 4 kids and an ah. Life has been ok for the most part. AH was not truely abusing until about 2 yrs ago. Then it became a sneaking thing. Then it became an out in the open thing.
2 weeks ago I took him to the ER at 10:30 in the morning, he thought he was having a heart attack. BAC was .14. He was not at all surprised by this. I was pretty mad. They kept us there for hours letting him get iv fluids and detoxing as much as they could. They wanted to transfer him to a detox center, he wouldn't go. They said they would just keep him overnight then at that hospital, he thought that would be fine. They couldn't get him a bed, so they brought up transfering him again around 9:00pm, so he checked out. Called me up after I had just from taking the kids to visit him, said to come get him.

We did. It has been a roller coaster ride since then. He was put on meds to help with the detoxing. Has actually been seeing a dr as they advised in the er. Has not made the appointment with mental health doc, but never thought he would, says he hasn't been drinking, which I believe.

He has become a total jerk. He doesn't speak to me unless he absolutely has to. He is totally cranky, not just to me but to everyone.

I have tried to be supportive and a cheerleader to him. He says This is my fault because I am not spending enough time with our family. I do volunteer with a group that my 2 daughters are involved with. 1 afternoon 2 times per month. So I quit leaving the house except to go to work and run the kids to their things and then come home. So now I am home and he doesn't even stay in the room I am in. If I go in the kitchen to cook dinner, he goes to watch tv. If I go to see what show is on, he goes and works in the garage.

What am I doing wrong. Should I just leave him alone. I don't think he is really committed to this sobriety, but I keep hoping.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I am sorry for your situation.

You might check out the Friends and Families forum on this board, where you'll find people in similar situations.