Notices

new thought!!

Old 10-10-2006, 11:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new thought!!

how do i go about my daily life, work, family. ect... without being on something. iv'e never not used something. will i still be me? am i crazy? what am i gonna do?
Old 10-10-2006, 12:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Your going to maybe have to take notes on what you want to do for awhile until the fog settles a little bit. At the beginning as with all of us it isn't easy to even function, however the longer we stay clean the better our minds start to function. Sometimes we have to act our way into a new way of thinking. Have you been to a meeting yet? There you will learn how to live

Love Vic
Old 10-10-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

great idea! thanks, i also found an NA meeting to attend tomorrow. any thoughts on how to explain this to my wife and kid. they dont know yet.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

IMO, you will be a better you!! You will have the opportunity to become the person you were meant to be.

Are you crazy? Yep, we're all crazy!! LOL But you gotta be a little crazy to stay sane!!

You will make it, by not taking a pill, one moment at a time. Keep doing the next right thing. Going to the meeting tomorrow is a great start!!

You don't have to explain anything to your family if you don't want to. It's a lot for us to absorb ourselves and takes some getting use to. If you want to say something, it can be as simple as "I think I have a problem with pills, and I'm seeking help."

We tend to complicate the heck out of everything!!
Old 10-10-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

you got that right!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by splithead
how do i go about my daily life, work, family. ect... without being on something. iv'e never not used something. will i still be me? am i crazy? what am i gonna do?
When I first stopped using, I thought the same thing. I didn't know what to do, I was confused, nothing seemed normal. It takes a bit of settling in but you can do it, and when you do, you'll look back on this time and be so proud that you made it.

A thing that really helped me at first was just making lists. I felt so dis-organised that I wrote a list of the things I wanted to do that day, then that week, a list of the things I needed to do, a list of groceries, a list of jobs around the house, a list of books I wanted to read. I don't know whether it works for anyone else but I just found that even if I did nothing with these lists it gave me comfort because I felt like if I started to fall apart I just go back to the list and pick something to do just one task so I didn't go insane!!!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

your not the only person to give that advice, and i'll use it. thank you!