Notices

I made the decision

Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made the decision

I know 4 sure that I will never drink again. I finally made the decision. I quit many times before but always started over. Part of the problem was that I kept lying to myself and wasn't truthful about it.

I quit smoking 6 years ago after reading "Easy Way to Quit Smoking". I had tried everything to quit before reading his book. The patch, zyban, acupuncture, nicorettes etc.. The one thing that stuck in my head was make the DECISION THAT YOUR A NON SMOKER. No if's and buts about it. The book also made me realize that I was missing out on nothing and gaining everything. So I am applying the same concept for quitting drinking.

I decided that I am doing this on my own, with lots of reading and the help of all you beautiful people. I hope I am not kidding myself but I think if I can do it with smoking I will do it with drinking. Just thought I would share.
Joanne
Old 10-09-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Joanne

WE can do anything together but alone we fail. I know that if it wasn't for a good sponsor, the help of all you good people, the steps, a HP in my life, I wouldn't be alive today. He has always been with me even when I chose to leave. Keep coming back! You are on your way Just For Today WE never have to use again.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Good luck...
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

Originally Posted by laurience
I decided that I am doing this on my own, with lots of reading and the help of all you beautiful people. I hope I am not kidding myself but I think if I can do it with smoking I will do it with drinking. Just thought I would share.
Joanne

If by 'doing it on your own' you mean not going to meetings not attending any other programs (besides this) then you're in the same boat as me.

I'm doing this with only the help of my friends on here and a positive attitude. I have been doing it for 7 months and it does get tough at times but its working for me so if you really put your mind to it I know you can make it work for you too!!!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am glad you are doing well Laurie!
Old 10-09-2006, 10:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hate to be cornball, but one day at a time! And if you absolutely, positively have to drink, put it off until tomorrow.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

All the best laurience

Hi Dreamz, yeah you are right about positive attitude I agree with you. Think about something else than thinking about the one we want to get rid off helps you stay away from it.

Cameron.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all, I know I wouldn't of been able to do it without my family, friends and my friends here on-line. I don't see your faces but your words ring true in my ears. Thank you so very much.
JOanne
Old 10-11-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So Joanne, "on you own" is what got you here, now, do you really think dealing with the disease you can change, on your own?

When drinking, we have alcohol to "treat" our alcoholism.

When you take the alcohol away, how do we then develop a NEW character?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I will go see a therapist to help me cope and read lots of books. Alot of soul searching and being very aware and truthful.
Joanne