Notices

wow toooo close today

Old 10-09-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

wow toooo close today

did the weekend with my drinking dad and luckily my sister who quit drinking did not drink so we did great. today at the in-laws wowwwwwww i've never had such an urge. my mind was on fast forward will all the excuses why i could have just one, i swear the reason i didn't is because i wasnt' offered one because they knew i quit... toooo close for comfort
Old 10-09-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats for getting through today. You never know when those urges will creep up. We ALWAYS have to be careful and not get comfortable to the point were we say.. AHHH.. JUST ONE.. Our next big challenge will be xmas time but I know we will make it. Now you know that your in-laws is a big trigger point so avoid that place.. Again Congrats..
Love your sister Joanne xoxoxox
Old 10-09-2006, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That voice that tells you to have just one is SCARY. I was in my kitchen and I came really REALLY close to having one of my husband's beers. I'm sitting here on my couch until the these thoughts subside.

I'm actually in the process of moderating my drinking and I don't allow myself to drink alone or on weeknights. So far I've been successful but that hasn't stopped the cravings and preoccupation. I obviously come to SR because I think I have a problem but I guess I have to come to terms with it my own way.

anyone else have some close calls?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Well done on staying sober!!

For any of you following the AA program..
Please read the final paragraph in the
Big Book.. Page 43.

That has saved my sobriety many many times.

Blessings..
Old 10-09-2006, 07:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good on you for not lifting a drink.

I found family get togethers tough.

When I was only a few months sober I spent Christmas in Australia with my husbands family. They all drink like fish. On top of that it was my b'day 4 days before Christmas.

I got through it but it wasn't easy.

When I felt stressed I disappeared for a bit just to collect my thoughts.

A lot times I had to stay away from family functions as I was too scared to attend.

Thankfully things have got easier - but it takes time.

d.xxx
Old 10-09-2006, 09:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

WAY TO GO SISTERS!!!

Old 10-10-2006, 03:16 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

The longer u stay away from the drink the better and easier it will be for u...however being around it where temptations are there....it isnt easy.....take care of you...thats the most important thing u can do for urself in early recovery...you have choices today...the choice to not be around alcohol is ur choice...a good chioce...esp in early recovery....today even at 16 yrs sober...i avoid people places and things still that would make me feel uncomfortable or that may test my serenity and sobriety...It's all about me when it comes to my recovery....It's that IMPORTANT to me....YOU TOO..! right? Stay strong sweety... in service and recovery....AA buddy.. : )