Not giving up ! !

Old 10-03-2006, 04:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Not giving up ! !

I want to thank each of you for your honest advice. It means so much to me.

I have an appointment with a therapist on Thurs. to discuss my AH and my grief of my mother's death. I also, even though I have thought about it in my low moments, have not called and cancelled the lease on my apartment. I have to realize that whatever happens, happens........I can't change AH, just the situation.

Also, thanks for the books listed as suggested reading.........going to Barnes and Noble tomorrow at lunch !

Scared to death, but gotta go forward !!!!
Old 10-03-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

(((lilac)))
Old 10-03-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All of that good stuff JUST FOR YOU. Yay!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((lilac))) glad you are here...you are doing GREAT!
Old 10-03-2006, 06:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I cannot imagine it is easy, but I am glad to hear that you are doing what you must for yourself.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are making some very wise choices. I think it is fair minded to consider what the therapist and the books say is best. You are getting your own peaceful living space. I'd do all of this at your own pace. There is no panic in taking in what the books and the therapist may say. I sense that your husband is ver fearful that you wil get some outside support. I also think an alcoholic will dick it up a knotch when they realzie you are serious about leaving. They try to create a comfort zone by coming over and putting their scent (so to speak) on your new turf. He needs to repsect your time and space. He needs to stop inflicting himself into all of it. he's going out of his way to make this hard for you. This can serve you by helping you to see it is a controling mechanism. He will get in the way of anyone that may influence you. I hope you keep the therapist appt and I hope you keep the apt. I hope you will read the books. All of these things will allay your fear.
Old 10-03-2006, 07:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Stay the course....stay the course. Breathe in - breathe out. You doin gooooood.

Janit
Old 10-04-2006, 04:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am trying...........He just gets stranger, or maybe I opening my eyes and admitting stuff. My sister is staying with us for a few day, and he just glares at her..............He snoops on the neighbors with a telescope and freaks out if anybody turns on a light.........................
Crazy