Moving daughter to new school?

Old 10-03-2006, 12:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moving daughter to new school?

Any advise on moving my daughter from her current school to the school district that we are now living in.

My question is when is the best time to move her? What questions should I ask the school. I want to make sure that she does not miss anything.

I am having to leave work everyday for an hour to go get her in the afternoon and where I work it is our busy season. My boss has been great, even tho he does not know what is going on, but if I move her to that school district it would be so much easier and I will not have to bother the AH on days that I cannot get away. She can ride the bus, which she cannot wait to do, home every afternoon and someone will always be there to get her.

When I do this, it will really be over. The only reason I have kelp her there was in case I had a change of heart and there has been no change.
Old 10-03-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

For me the best time was at summer break... but if you cant wait that long maybe at the christmas break???

I would find out in advance what the schools requirements are up to that point and get a copy of the transcript and make sure she meets them. My daughter had to take extra classes cuz the new school required one semester more of science then the old school did.

Depending on how old she is and the school policy... I suggest bribery ... send cupcakes with her on the first day!