Notices

Time To Share! OMG Can It Get Better?

Old 09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Talking Time To Share! OMG Can It Get Better?

You all won't believe what kind of day that I have had. It is just amazing what has been going on with my life! I have been just doing whatever is in front of me to do, praying, doing other things and I have been having REAL close contact with someone from here Anyways I went into counseling, did my last evaluation, my counselor gave me a hug and said that she didn't think that she would EVER have to see me again. She said that she will leave my case open so I could return if need be, but that I am doing great.

I then went to my psychologist and talked with him. Most of my stuff started when I was 5 and being sexually molested by two of my sisters. Well since I have NEVER talked a lot about that stuff, and since I have opened up to him about it, I am starting to remember my whole past . I had no memory all my life about my childhood up to the age of 10, and now it is like I almost remember 50 maybe more percent of it. I am so grateful. Like he said to me YOU ARE IN CONTROL OF YOUR DESTINY! WOW just WOW

And then Midas gave me my new lucky thing that just made my day too. Isn't it beautiful!!!!!!! But here is the kicker everyone! When I was making up the NEWSLETTER for the group today, I ran across a cartoon. Yes a cartoon was impacted by some spirit, recovery cartoon on step one. It said well yeah we are powerless over this fish. And then the other guy said yeah we need to apply that step to all of our affairs. I was thinking OMG that is the key, it is only through understanding and application that it works. It only works if you work it. Heck we have to live it.

Then I went to the meeting and this A$$HOLE from across the room with 16 years plus of recovery came in to OUR MEETING and started saying things. I looked at him and I said "Would you be my sponsor!" OMG he is going to be a hard sponsor but you know what, I NEEED HIM, I NEED YOU, it is time to make recognition's and to do things the way the program teaches us to do. I have never been taught that much but I know that HE is the one that I need. Reminds me of someone that calls me twice a week LOL

OK just needed to share that I have to call him here soon so Just wanted to share my joy.

Love Vic

OH yeah he said Vic you have two choices

Either Work the steps or die mother ******.

Last edited by Luckyv2; 09-27-2006 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Vic, you are doing so well. Thats neato. Looks like it has clicked for you. How amazing.

Take care.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

(((((Vic)))))
Old 09-28-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, Hell Vic.....................it took long enough for the light bulb to come on, sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh R O F L M A O.

I knew it would sweetie.

Now, I would like you to remember these feelings you are having right now, and the Joy, because as you know, the Recovery Road is a roller coaster ride with lots and lots of potholes.

Hopefully now, you will LISTEN and HEED and DO what your sponsor suggests! lol Especially WHEN YOU DON'T WANT TO, rofl.

Hang in there Vic, now you can see, it does get better!

Keep posting what's going on with you, because as you know......we do care!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I called him last night and I asked what he wanted me to do! He told me to get out the "It Works, How and Why" and read step one. To get me a understanding of what it means to me and then when he gets back in town on Saturday we will sit down together and discuss the step. Just focusing on this, however now my mind is wondering what will happen Saturday! LOL Not there yet. Just do what I am told.

Love Vic