Notices

A Message of hope to our guests

Old 09-16-2006, 12:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

A Message of hope to our guests

Send a special message to our veiwing guests. We have thousands of guests who view the forum.

There is hope for all those who are still suffering.

Please Register Here
Old 09-16-2006, 04:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

If you are a guest reading this, then something has drawn you near.

Come sit with us a while, at the warmth of the fire of recovery. Nothing you have done, nothing that has happened in your life, will surprise us or make us turn you away. All who enter are welcome here.

The door is open, the lights are on and there's a chair here already with your name on it, waiting.

Come sit by the fire and tell us your story. Or sit warmly and listen to ours. When the time is right, we'll get to know you and walk with you the rest of the way.

Hugs and Love
Ann
Old 09-16-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

SR saved my life love to everyone here and a huge welcome to all newcomers.
hugs indigo

Old 09-16-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

We do recover!!
So can you!

Please come join us on our journey.

Old 09-16-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

I got here full of terror and certain that only bad things were about to happen in my life.

Sober Recovery introduced me to others who have already walked the path I am on... who showed me where the rough patches might be... who held out their hand when I got lost in the dark. Who loved me and held me up when I had lost hope that I could go on.

I keep going on. Sober Recovery helps.

Please take a minute to read a few posts. If your experience is like mine, you'll find exactly what you need today.

(((hugs))))
Old 09-16-2006, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
cmc

Dear Guest.
What will you find on SR besides recovery?
Acceptance
Understanding
Truth
Patience
Hope
Friendship
I came here in crisis, knowing that I needed help in order to live amidst the chaos of addiction. I have found all these things and much more here on SR.
There is always a welcome here and many helping hearts who care.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:32 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's always made me smile that SR came up and running at almost exactly the same time that I stopped drinking.

Of course, I wouldn't stumble upon this site until 3 years later, but I know it was meant to be.

Happy 6th Anniversary to SR (and to me too).
Old 09-16-2006, 10:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Paused

I am so very grateful to have found SR. It came at a time in my life where I had to choose between life, or death. I chose life and these rooms and the wonderful people who fill them, have brought me back to the land of the living. I love the people here! I owe so much to them. I owe them for their kind words, love and support, and the helping hand that was extended when I needed it the most.

When I was down so low, I was told that there is hope. I clung to that thought and through hope, I have found the solution. The solution is available to everyone who wants it. Grab it! It is yours for the taking...

WELCOME!!!!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A warm welcome to you, I am so glad that you found us here at SR.

When it arrived my heart was full of Anger, Pain, Regret, Confusion, and Disbelief.

Anger that this could happen to me yet again, that the person I loved could have such disregard for our relationship...... that yet again, one more person in my life had let me down and hurt me....

Pain that I was unlovable, rejected yet again, completely misunderstood and a failure at the one thing that means more to me then anything. The relationships in my life and a loving interdependent relationship with one special person.

Regret that once again "I" had done something wrong, I was one more time not enough. That because there was something deeply wrong with me that no one would ever be able to accept me for who I am. That knowing that I was a broken person I would always be unloved and alone.

Confusion because I kept trying to change, fix, argue, fight, take care of, protect, nurture and nothing I did, no matter how hard I tried or how much I love them the Alcoholics in my life pushed me away, hurt me, disrespected me. I could not figure out the words to say or the action to take that would make them stop the destructive behavior and save our relationship.

Disbelief because of the lies, the chaos and in the end they would leave me alone and I never understood why they loved the bottle more then they loved me.

If this sounds like anything you have felt, lived with or are still living with and you are out of hope…. You have come to the right place to find your,

Hope Healing Happiness & Serenity
Old 09-16-2006, 08:44 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

I came to SR, full of denial, fear and anger as well as being very sick. I clung to SR and later to my program and stumbled through each day held and supported by SR Members.

Most days I could not see a way through and was told to focus on the day or the hour only, keep in the now. 16 Months on and I have a life, the anger and fear are minisule compared to then and they dissapate as I work my program. I have good work and many friends and I often feel content, a feeling that was alien to me, a feeling that I don want or need everything else. So different as my DOC was always "More" of anything!

If your new here, just quit, then hold out your hand and grab on tight, give up everything you knew before and join us.

Love Kevin (here is my hand)
Old 09-17-2006, 06:51 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi im Sharon an im an Alcoholic.

By the Grace of my Higher Power
and people here in SR i havent had
a drink of alcohol since 8-11-90.
For that im truely grateful.

I found this site almost a yr ago.

I come here on a daily bases to
share my own experiences, strengths
and hope with others as in turn
recieve the same help from others.

Coming here I don't feel alone. As i
read shares from others and reply to
them and recieve the same in return,
I am filled with hope and encouragement
to continue on my recovery journey
one more day.

Recovery is a learning process and like
anything...we can have fun learning.

Don't take urself so seriously....we r
all human ,,,not perfect....just striving
for progress in our our addictions
to stay clean and sober one day at
a time with the help of many wonderful
caring individuals here in Sober Recovery.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Another reason to sign up and stick around....

we have really good cake

Happy Birthday SoberRecovery!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 02:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Ooooo...pass the cake please.
Old 09-18-2006, 05:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

There Is Hope

If you are new to this site
Pull up a chair and give up the fight

We all know what it was like in those days
You couldn't even feel the suns rays

But if you just take a deep breath
Hold on to our hands and do the rest

You can beat this alcohol and drugs
You don't have to stay on that rug

Get up and dust yourself off today
And tell yourself just for today

I don't have to drink or use
And then you know that you will not loose

We know how hard it is at first
If your like me you will want to curse

Thats ok if that is what you need
Just remember to water the seed

The seed of life is in your days ahead
You will be able to lay down in bed

Knowing that you did the best that you can do
Then the days won't be so blue

Remember not to dwell on the past mistakes
Go ahead and give yourself a break

For none of us are perfect in any way
I just wanted to say Hey

Written by: Vic
November 17, 2005
Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Hey, you guests!!

It's hard to really feel the "warmth" when you are on the outside just looking in! Come in through the open door and join our family.

When I first came here, I was in such a state that I really thought everyone here was a "poopie head"!! (really!) I thought they were crazy and I left knowing that "I" knew all the right answers and that "I" was going to "fix" my addict daughter!! Yes, I knew it all!

I discovered in a short time through experience I would rather never repeat that I was the "poopie head"! I was lucky; I found my "recovery" through the help of SR.

My daughter is still an addict and won't have anything to do with her family but I am surviving and moving forward thanks to the help and support I recieve on SR.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:39 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

You may feel like I did when I first came here. I was scared to register because that might mean *gasp* I'm an addict. Then I realized that the fact I was looking at this board in the first place meant that I had realized I had a problem. So I signed up.

I have found so many friendships since. Please don't let that little addict/alcoholic voice keep you from signing up, we welcome you!
Old 09-24-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Just peeking in.....welcome....

I first came here looking for help with my addict daughter (who is now in recovery and has a clean time of 6 yrs.)...to learn what to do for her and with her. Trying to find ways to treat her....lol... but instead I learned how to help "me" which in turn helped her.

I opened up to what this place has to offer from other that had gone before me and found myself and a place to call home. So stick around, you never know what's down that road.
Old 09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Smile hello to the guests from a newcomer to SR

on the day i decided to "do something" about my addiction, i searched for forum and alcoholism. that's how i found SR and signed up after lurking around for a couple of hours reading posts and seeing myself in so many. it made me feel better that day even tho i was staying home from work alcohol sick from the nite before. today is my day #6 -- i come here at least once a day most days twice; morning and before bed. it's been great to see that im not the only person out there with these feelings. and also it felt good that there is such a diverse group of ppl here--not everyone was 20 yrs into recovery. there are so many that are just starting out like me (well for the thousandth time at least!).
it's also great that there is acceptance that you don't have to "out" yourself and can remain anonymous in name and still be respected in your chosen path of recovery here (you don't have to follow down anyone's strict path, only your own) i outed myself to me and i think that's what counts the most.
i have made a great friend who started the day i did-its a great support, as is reading posts - i always click on new posts and browse thru each time i come in. if you are new and lurking--good 4 you; there's information galore here! if you are anxious about joining, don't be. go to hotmail.com or *****.com and make up an email address. think up your own special name you want to be called and jump in. remain anonymous, but out you to you!
Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thanks for coaxing me out of the shadows!

Wow everyone, that was a great idea to post this special invititation to us
"lurkers". I became a member quite awhile ago but as I still haven't "gotten sober", I felt more comfortable to just read.
On a more positive note, I have not had so many days sober since I found this board, and have managed to cut my drinking down by way more than I ever imagined but I still don't feel satisfied with myself. There is alot of alcoholisim in my family and I felt that I had it beat until about 2 or 3 years ago. I felt I could drink like normal folks, and that I would never drink like my parents but sadly I realized after one to many episodes where I was shocked almost to the point of depression by my own behaviour that I too was not immune. I would like to come back here as an active member, even if for now things are much better than they were. I think I am only fooling myself and I never want to go through another experience like the one that brought me here in the first place, but it could be waiting right there in the next drink.
Also, I have a question regarding AA. I have done some internet research on meetings in my area and they are marked "Closed" What does this mean?
I thank you all for your help and dedication and hope that we enjoy some great sober time together.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

A closed meeting is for alcoholucs only.

Here is more info on AA meetings..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-about-aa.html