Notices

6th day

Old 09-23-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6th day

Well, the weekend has arrived. It feels weird not to get any booze. Is it normal to feel tired and not ambitious. I am usually one who always cleans well I haven't felt like cleaning ever since I quit drinking. I better start before little fuzzies creap up. I still feel edgy and depressed.
Joanne
Old 09-23-2006, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joanne,

It takes awhile for your body to get back to normal and to function without alcohol. Just try to be patient and get used to your sober life and all the good things it brings.
Old 09-23-2006, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Here is interesting info to help you understand..

http://www.tlctx.com/ar_pages/paw_part1.htm

Start taking a multi vitamin + a B complex
Cut out sugar and caffeine

Take care..
Old 09-23-2006, 07:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Joanne)))

It will get better. One day at a time.
Old 09-23-2006, 07:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks again everybody. Well coffee is another addiction for me so cutting out caffeine and sugar would be difficult right now. I have about 3 coffees a day so maybe I will cut down for now or reduce the sugar content. thank you.. I made it a Saturday without drinking.. yeahhh.. I couldn't of done it without all of you.. THANKS..
Old 09-23-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

It will get easier. Just hang in there. I know you can do it! We are all here for you!
Old 09-23-2006, 11:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

How ya feelin today .....?

It will get easyer Darlin just hang on in there.....Your Doing it...

WTG.............on day 7....1 week .....sounds good...

Old 09-24-2006, 08:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 7 yeahh..

Yeah! A week does sound good. I am feeling o.k. A little bit scared but I am managing. It feels weird to go through a huge life change but I know I have to do it. I quit smoking 6 years ago so I CAN QUIT THIS AND I WILL. Once I realize that there are absolutely NO POSITVES TO DRINKING THEN I WILL BE FREE. Need to do alot of soul searching. Arura, my son is allergic to peanuts so he needs to stay away from you. lol..

Joanne
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Hooray for 1 week!! That is great. You know, I went through the same thing when I stopped drinking. I didn't want to do anything. But then again, I was wonder woman when I was drinking. Thought I would show everyone how much I could do to justify my drinking.

Things will even out!! Keep doing the next right thing!!
Old 09-24-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Little missy,

I was like you when I was drinking It seemed to give me energy and I could get things done, and when I am not drinking, I have no energy, no ambition from I guess the lack of energy, anyone have suggestions for getting my energy levels up?
Old 09-24-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovering perpetual kid...

Welcome to the joys of early recovery... What you are feeling is pretty normal for most individuals. I remember how my mind/body knew it was my "Friday" and would really start craving to party. I would look for triggers and excuses to drink and use. It takes some time to get past this phase, but this too shall pass. Congrats on 6 days, stay the course through the weekend. If you need to get on the phone or to a support group meeting.

Hang loose, Doc.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Paused

Congratulations! Sobriety is a battle, but it is well worth it. It does get easier. You can do this.
Old 09-24-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks again.. I think my best chances in order to never drink again is to keep it real. To be totally honest with myself and address all the little voices that tell me I don't have a problem.
Joanne
Old 09-24-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Dreamz do come true!!!

You're doing such a great job. Its hard to find motivation in the early stages. I used to think that I had ruined my life because I just didn't feel like doing anything. I was bored all the time but I couldn't be bothered to even think about what I could do. Then there were the things that had to be done, like cleaning the house, cooking, washing up, washing clothes....forget it - I couldn't and wouldn't be bothered - then after a while (and alot of mess) I realised that I'd have to do something because I couldn't stand the pigsty I was living in - so after actually getting round to starting to clean the house I realised that if I just did one bit at a time it wasn't the huge job I thought it would be - and then slowly after that first time, I started to get a bit more rountine back and now things are looking much better than before.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, you will get your motivation back - it'll just take time. Your body has to get used to not drinking - so don't give up, hang in there!!!

And good luck!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Dreamz,
The house is still livable and I am doing laudry right now. lol.. I won't let myself get overwhelmed. I just need to concentrate on me and having patience with my family.
p.s. I posted a few recipes on Day 4, recipes anyone and there are other pretty good looking recipes.