Notices

hello

Old 09-23-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hello

i am unable to attend meetings, thought id try this. sober for two weeks, strutggling mentally. the army will not allow me to attend treatment for the second time. hoping this will help me until army deicides to release me for my addiction. thanks, for listening. overcomer
Old 09-23-2006, 08:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi there! Welcome, this place helps me when I cannot get to meetings. It is not a full replacement for f2f and the program of AA, but the kinship of people on here is amazing.

Sorry you are going through such a hard time , I dont know if you pray, but that helps me tremendously. Hope things get better.

CONGRATS on 2 weeks. That is AWESOME!!!!
Star
Old 09-23-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Overcomer and Welcome,

There is lots of support here so keep posting.
Old 09-23-2006, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Overcomer, welcome to SR. There is lots of exerience, strength and hope here. Check out the site, read the "stickys' at the top of the forums. Keep posting and let us know how you are doing.

I don't know which base you are stationed at, but I woul;d suggest that you ask on base about AA meetings. Most bases have AA meetings right on base. They will be a big help for you. There you will find people who are either going through what you are now or who have already gone through it.

And as to:

until army deicides to release me for my addiction
I have several friends, that are now retired military, all got sober while in the service (4 - ARMY, 3 - AIRFORCE, 1 - NAVY, AND 2-MARINES) and all did well while in the service, got schooling, got promotions, did their 20+ years, retired at 45 to 48 yrs old, and now have great jobs in the private sector.

Yes it is possible to get sober and stay and live sober without rehab. I only suggest AA because there will be meetings nearby and on base, as they do seem to be all over. I personally found AA meetings, especially early in sobriety, to be a great SAFE PLACE for this alkie to be, and slowly I made new sober friends.

However, whatever you decide, please keep posting and let us know how YOU are doing, we do care!!!!!

Love and (((((to all))))),
Old 09-23-2006, 09:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Welcome!

I just wanted to let you know that for the first few months of my sobriety I didn't go to meetings at all... couldn't trust myself driving by the liquor stores! I got and remained sober online.. I made a lot of loving online friends and even though we are invisible we do care! So stick around and join the community of support here at SR!!

Old 09-23-2006, 10:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. Good luck with your recovery...
Old 09-23-2006, 10:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Talk to your Command Chaplain. He can be of great help to you!