Notices

Why OJ and Honey? Anything else help as well?

Old 09-21-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why OJ and Honey? Anything else help as well?

I've noticed a couple of old posts about drinking OJ mixed with honey for withdrawals. Why these two foods? Is there anything in there that could be taken in supplement form to reduce the calaries? Are there any other foods and/or supplements that help with detox and sleeping at night?
Old 09-21-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Chy

Melatonin for sleeping but easy on the OJ if you're prone to stomach upset.

It's the sugar that helps as most alcoholics tend to have hypoglycemia and the sugar works at helping the cravings as alcohol processes to sugar in the body when metabolized. So your body is in sugar withdrawal.

You'll probably be binging on candy and junk food soon. Don't worry, just get a gym membership in the process. *LOL*

A multi-vitamin is your best bet right now if your concerned about calories and high carb fruits before noon and protein before bed helps.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Humbled,
I don't know. I've been hearing different things all over the place.

One is to quell cravings with sweets.

One is to avoid sugar and sweets altogether so your body can regain its natural balance.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, but as one who's also trying to lose weight, I'm going with the second option and eating more whole grains, fruits, veggies and a bit of protein.

I try to get rid of cravings by exercising a little more and I find that really, really works. It helps clear your mind a bit too.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Interesting...

Originally Posted by Chy

It's the sugar that helps as most alcoholics tend to have hypoglycemia and the sugar works at helping the cravings as alcohol processes to sugar in the body when metabolized. So your body is in sugar withdrawal.

Very Interesting. Are the withdrawals from low blood sugar, or is that just an added burden?