Notices

checkin in

Old 09-20-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

checkin in

Day 3 today.. Still feel out of sorts but a little better. Just really really sad for the way I treated myself in the past with so little respect. You know, I wish sometimes I could do it all over again however if things were different I probably wouldn't of met my great hubby and had my wonderful kids so maybe I had to go what I went through (as painful as it was) to get to where I am today. I am just thinking out loud but for some reason if feels good to share my thoughts. Please feel free to do the same, I have big ears. Wishing you all well.
Joanne
Old 09-20-2006, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gratz on day 3, keep it up.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know how you feel. When I finally got to the point where I began to like myself, I was so sad that it had taken so long and that I had treated myself so badly. And, I agree with you that we have to go through certain things, learn certain things and then we can move forward. The journey that we are on is all about learning and that's what we are doing.

One of my very favorite sayings is my Maya Angelou - "I did what I knew how to do, and when I knew better, I did better”.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thanks all.. Anna, that is a great saying. I also think that after the ****** childhood I had, things could have been alot worse. I just never want to drink again and confident that the future will be very bright. I have to pray to god not to let me forget or deny how bad it is when I do drink.
Joanne
Old 09-20-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi Joanne,
Congrats on 3 days. hang in there the feelings come and go and its ok. I always keep in my head a line from one of the stories in the Big Book page 486.

".... I realised that my Sobriety had to have a life of its own and not be dependant on the ups and downs of recovery..."

This is done from memory but I am sure you get the idea.

Kevin
Old 09-20-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That is also a great saying Kevin, thanks for sharing. When I quit smoking, I realized that I will have bad days whether I am a smoker or not however I had to now get through the bad days without smoking. I will use the same principle with drinking and drinking makes bad days so much worse, nightmarish actually.
Joanne