Notices

NEWBIES look here

Old 09-20-2006, 11:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

NEWBIES look here

I just want to extend a HUGE WELCOME!!!

I want to let you know how glad I am that you found this place. It has been a huge help in my recovery. I have 93 days. The longest I have gone in 15 years. It has been amazing!

There has been SOOOO many new members over the last few days. Sometimes, I just dont have the words, strength or energy to post to all of them.

But I DO want to let you ALL know how important you are. Not only to yourself in starting the journey of recovery but to people already on the journey, as well. Newcomers help by allowing us to share our experience strength and hope (ES&H). I do truly believe even newcomers can help other newcomers.

I am excited to see so many new people, I wish every one the joy I have felt so far. God, AA and SR are bringing back my life. My children make my life worth living and the others allow me to do it sober!!!

Best Wishes and thanks for joining!
Star

BIG TO ALL!!!
Old 09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

someone please tell me how I can join a live chat here ... I am stoooooopid with computers, but I took my first step today and just want to connect with some others struggling with this stuff...
Old 09-20-2006, 04:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am not sure how well used the chats are here, but hit the link - chat- above and it will come up with a pop up screen, use your screen name and your password.

They do meetings on there also, so use the drop down menu to go to open chat. HTH
Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi! I'm going to hop on this thread to say hello too! There are so many new posters the past few days! Welcome to all! I'm relatively new--working on my 58th day here and it seems like only yesterday I found this place.

Keep coming back!
Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome star. How old are your girls? Congrats on 93 days. That gives me encouragement to do the same.
Joanne
Old 09-20-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Chat information...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...hat-users.html

You may ask a member to join you there if you like.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

thanks, carol, for the chat info.

Hi Joanne, My girls are 2 and 5. I stay at home with them. However, my oldest just started Kindergarten so that is nice for everybody LOL. I get some one on one time with my 2yo and my 5yo gets knowledge, what a deal!
Old 09-20-2006, 09:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hi newbies...listen to these ladies they are great!!!SR has saved my life and today i have 9 days sober...i sort of hung around on the outskirts for a while before i got the courage to admit i have a problem...everyone here has been wonderful and i am so grateful for there kind support...and humor....