Notices

mmm... dont know if this is the right place...

Old 09-18-2006, 09:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

mmm... dont know if this is the right place...

mm hey... I'm a 16 year old girl... a normal one...
ok here I am, I signed up coz I have problems and I dont know where to turn...
Dont think, I'm an addict,... so donno...
Why I am here?:
My problem is that I'm facing Insomnia and really anoying Nightmares that wake me up, cryin, sweeting or really scared... Most of my dreams, my family is in danger... so it really sucks as a feeling...

For my medical record:
1- I've been depressed so I take 800mg Lithium (camcolit) and 40 mg Prozac per day.
2-Smoker since 2 years
3-I drink... like reguraly...
4-Got a slight need for vitamin...

what i feel:

i am always weak, tired, i juts wanna chill, most of the times i do it. I cant forgive my self. We have a lot of problems in the family, so even though my parents are married but my dad is bad, I take care of my Mom, she has diabeties problems, she faints alot... i know its normal, but this occurs in my night mares alot, when i wake up, I run to her room & sleep next to her, after staring at her for like an hour making sure she is ok...
When i get into an argument, if they blame me, I CANT forgive myself... like yesterday I had a fight with my bf,...over nothign, and it was his fault... Donnno, never mind...
I'm over mutilating my body, although someitmes it occurs to me again but i dont do it....

and i think that's it... u need mor info just ask...

Last edited by releif; 09-18-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey releif, welcome you have come to the right place. Stick around read other threads, check out other lists, it is very interesting. Hey at the very least it can give you something to do while you cant sleep at night. Uhh, did you know you are not supposed to drink while on Prozac? It washes it out of you and you wont get the medical effect you are supposed to have. YOu may not be physically addicted to alcohol, but you cant drink right now, so hang out here with the sober people. Most of us are really nice here, sometimes you might hear something you wont like, just file it for looking at later mentally - it may or may not be something to help. In your dreams you are living out your hopes and fears. You are right to be concerend about her diabetes. My older brother is a diabetic and a recovering alcoholic (over 15 years sober) - never known him to faint though. Maybe if you are with her when she checkes her sugar before she goes to bed and you see it is ok, it may help you with your nightmares. Hang in there.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you posted...Welcome!

Here is a link you might find helpful about nightmares

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ia-nightmares/

Stick around...it's good to see you reaching out!

Blessings
Old 09-18-2006, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It would be good to find at least one adult you can really talk to. Maybe you could start with a teacher you like. Sounds like you're trying to cope with a chaotic environment, which is too much so you sometimes make bad choices. I did the same thing, which is why I ended up medicating myself on alcohol and drugs for a lot of years. It seems to work at first, but actually the problems are still there, but it postpones having to deal with them. But they can be even nastier later on if drug or drugs go the way they often go.

Sometimes adults reached out to me, but I was too scared, though I was so frozen with it I didn't know it. Some aren't good to talk to, but you might try talking to someone and see what happens. Doing it here is a start.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Have you tried talking to your Counsellor at school? Maybe he/she could help or could refer you to someone else who might be able to offer help to you. There is lots of support and information here so keep posting and reading.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My sister was on Prozac for a while and that drug is known to give people nightmares. If nothing else, talk to the doctor who has prescribed it to you and tell him what is going on with the meds. Maybe he can change to something different to help you and definatley quit drinking. You are way too young to get caught up in that vicious cycle. Just ask anyone here and they will tell you not to go down that road. We are here if you need us and please talk to your doctor aobut the side effects of your meds.

GP
Old 09-19-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Releif, you really have a lot to deal with--so much responsibility for one so young.

Like Ngokpa said, you've gotta find a trusted adult to talk to about your situation. It can't be good for you to have so much to take care of. Please check with a school counselor or teacher--someone you can trust.

Take care of yourself, and let us know how you're doing.

Jane
Old 09-19-2006, 12:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My dear child--my heart goes out to you.

I think you have turned to the right place as you definitely need some help in dealing with these issues. It's awfully hard for a 16-year-old to be taking care of her mom, especially when it sounds like there's really no one taking care of YOU.

I echo the poster who suggests that you speak to a counsellor about these issues. I myself was just a teen when my mom became sick and that surely contributed to my problems with addiction later in life.

I applaud you for having the courage to come here and for taking that step.

Keep us updated and take care of yourself.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hi releif, welcome to SR, plenty of great advice and info here, stick around.

Kevin