DUCK TALE

Old 05-01-2002, 08:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

DUCK TALE

For ye who may be confused... I said I thought it would be fun to start comic series called "Dino the Demon Duck Daredevil". Ann, took the ball and ran, and began this funny saga. Wanna play "pin the tale on the story" ? Just add something to the tale of Dino the Duck.
Here is what Ann began with...

____________-

Dino the Delightful Duck (gotta be nice to anyone I've been praying for)..anyway Dinoduck is sitting under a tree, minding his own business, quacking silently surrounded by MG's swans...

Ogly is sneaking up with her skillet and doesn't see Ex behind her with the net.

Ex thought he smelled a duck but it was just my bunny slippers. I've waded through a lot of duck poo with them the past few months and the scent is still there. I try to air them out at our Sunday night chat. Get it?

Ex hasn't had much sleep lately with all the action at his apartment and falling through wormholes in duckspacetime has affected his judgement.

Ex accidently goes for my bunny slippers, with which I have been tiptoeing around in, and gets snarled (again!!)

And...Smoke saves the day..AGAIN..yelling "I told you not to hurt the ducks you confused codependent conspiritors..see where it got you?

Dinoduck, waddles back to the pond, totally unaware of the chaos we have created for ourselves.

And THEN......
Old 05-01-2002, 08:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Og's heard the commotion and was distracted momentarily. She shook her head, as if to clear the nonsense, and resumed her stalking of the unaware Duck. She was equipped with a mighty, mighty skillet... her aim to shoo Dinoduck away from the poisonous duckberries that were growing on the opposite shore.

Dinoduck also heard the clatter, and turned to quack in that general direction. Ann had sunk slightly into the swamp in her attempt to become disentangled, and her bunny slippers waved frantically in the air. Dino quacked and waved (he thought it was the Wild Hare boys), and resumed his pursuit of the elusive duckberry.

AND THEN!....

[This message has been edited by smoke gets in my eyes (edited May 01, 2002).]
Old 05-01-2002, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

And Then..

Having had a "spiritual awakening", Ann called out for Rev. "Rev..Rev..NO REV... LOOKOUT FOR THAT WORMHOLE!!" It was too late. Knee deep in wormhole the Rev. looked around for anything he could grab and saw Ex's net. Smoke, all the while, was humming "You'll Never Walk Alone" which attracted all the trumpeter swans brought there by Morning Glory. When Og saw this mess...she...
Old 05-01-2002, 08:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Note to Newcomers

Newcomers...before you decide we are totally crazy..read the other postings and you will see that humour is important to our recovery and we are actually having a good time here.

Back to the story (oh this IS fun)

And Og said....
Old 05-01-2002, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

shook her head once more. "What have you all done with the survival gear that came in your welcome packet? Sonar? Radar? Mirror? Skillet? Chickletts? FLOATATION DEVICE?????""

Thus reminded, the Rev immediately inflated the raft that was in his backpack... for he was well aware that only one guy ever walked on water. He helped the others, and they all piled into the lifeboat, except Og's who had on a good pair of waders and Smoke, who was floating on her back and collecting water lillies.

And then.....

Old 05-01-2002, 09:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Sorry guys, I'm laughing to hard to add to the story right now

Thanks for confirming my suspicions that I am really just a demented cartoon character at heart!

BeBehBeDoBeDohBeBehBeDoBeDohBeBehB.
(finger moving over lips)
Old 05-01-2002, 09:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Og's waders sprung a leak, from underwater pecking of a cormorand (that's a duck in the Bible). She was sinking fast and called to the others. The Rev. and Ann started singing "Throw Out The Lifeline" and
again, Ex got tangled in the rope and fell into the water, creating a wave that swamped Smoke who was floating on her back.

Morning Glory know she could come up with some fabulous tech-picture stuff that would make this even better, and while she was looking, Dinoduck floated by waving at everyone and said....

[This message has been edited by anns (edited May 01, 2002).]
Old 05-01-2002, 09:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Eeeyyyaaghhh

Suddenly, the EVIL DISEASE (we gotta give it a name/symbol - what about Beelzebub - change it if y'like?) called BEELZEBUB, rose up from the depths of the lake and overturned the raft, flinging nonsters, codeps, Rev, Ogs and Smokes in all directions.

And as they tossed around the waters, Beelzebub decended on them, breathing fire, fangs and foul breath.

Just then...

(Hoo, boy, you guys are precious - thank you, thank you for the laughs.)
FATCAT
Old 05-01-2002, 09:53 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Just then ... as Dino Duck floated by.. a new action hero appeared. It was Fatcat the Ducktrainer. A great CANADIAN hero, too, just like Ann. Well Dinoduck says to Fatcat...
Old 05-01-2002, 10:18 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

"I need $40 to pay for a nest to stay the night in. Could'ja help a duck, here?"
Old 05-01-2002, 10:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fatcat said "dinoduck" I'd love to help, but I only have $40 Canadian and that's worth about 69 cents U.S. Gee I really am sorry Dino, but maybe the Rev. will take up a collection.

Suddenly, Smoke appeared on the scene. I've just seen the most amazing sight...wait until you hear this...

Old 05-01-2002, 10:30 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

"The Wild Hare Boys are selling duckberries by the baggy next to the rabbit hole!"

And it was not atypical for Dinoduck to not notice the chaos around him.

And then, Smoke, still choking on the tidal wave, dragged herself over to the shore, along with all the water lillies she'd collected. Hellon2Heels and Maya were having a picnic by the waterside, and Smoke borrowed their picnic tablecloth to dry off with. Once the water was out of her eyes, Smoke observed with horror that Heels was sitting only inches from a duckberry bush! She and Maya had been so busy watching the confusion on the pond, that they hadn't heard the quacking behind them. DUCKS!

Old 05-01-2002, 10:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Ann, thinking quickly as was her style, said "distract the ducks for a few minutes...oh maybe tell them that it's your fault they are ducks or something...and I have a plan. She snuck over to the "Wild Hare Boys" who mistook her for one of them because, as we all know, the "Wild hare Boys" wear bunny slippers too. Anyway...she grabbed a bag of duckberries (in baggies of course) and ran back to where Heels and Maya were telling the ducks how very proud of them they were and Smoke was taking the few dollars that Rev had collected away from Dinoduck. She dropped the duckberries one by one on a trail that led to....

Old 05-01-2002, 11:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

....to her duckblind where she has hidden her own welcome packet and Just Tired was waiting for her, fondling the coveted welcome packet and still whining about not receiving one and Ann said....
Old 05-01-2002, 11:48 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

"LOOK OUT JUSTTIRED..IT COULD BE A TRAP!!" and she grabbed the "welcome packet" away and threw in out into the pond, accidentally bouncing it off FatCats's head.

Phew..That was close. You see I DIDN'T get a welcome packet either. The giveaway was the "duckspacetime" watch that was in the package. We Never Never had one of those.
I think it was a booby trap...but who was the intendeed victim?...And Why?...And who put it there?...It is time to call Smoke, she can smoke out a duck 50 quacks away.

Just as they were wiping their brow, Smoke appeared, all covered in feathers and peck marks all over her elbow. JUST IN TIME she yelled...I just saw a.........
Old 05-01-2002, 11:57 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

"SALE sign at the Home Depot, and I had the very devil of a time getting this money away from that Duck so I could go. Hey... he owes me. "

"NO! Actually it was a....."

Old 05-01-2002, 12:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

...WHOLE ARMY OF DUCKS!!! There must be a hundred of them! And they are in disquise...they are wearing rubber noses and mustaches and dark gasses but I can tell the are DUCKS!! The feet give them away every time! They are coming...THEY ARE COMING!!

They are throwing something..what is it?? OH MY GOD...they are throwing skillets up in the air and catching them in nets!!! They got the welcome packets! The must hae broken into the warehouse! RUN EVERYONE RUN....
Old 05-01-2002, 12:05 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

...Run to Home Depot, I hear there's a sale..
or could that just be another trap?

We can't be too careful! I'll bet Smoke has some costumes, maybe we could disguise ourselves as....
Old 05-01-2002, 12:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just then Pernell emerged from a copse of trees, carrying a huge pruning shear and in the other hand, a mercilessly hacked duckberry bush. "Not for nothing" he said... "chill. Those are MY ducks, and they are here to help the ones who still trade their minnows for duckberries. They've got skillets and nets because... well... you people seem to enjoy them."
Old 05-01-2002, 12:35 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Awakening from his nap in the lawnchair, Jon put aside his tanning mirror and took a long sip of iced tea. He noticed Og's sitting by the water lamenting her damaged waders. He reached into his beach bag, removed a roll of duck tape and threw it to Og's who immediately began to repair her boots.

Meanwhile, Dino the duck,having found that the wild hare boys had picked all the duckberry bushes absolutely clean... made his way back to the water. He planned to swim back across the pond, for the rabbit hole was on the other side.

He waddled under Jon's lawn chair on the way and said....